WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Article writing and submission

cjpeepscjpeeps subscriber Posts: 5
edited January 2007 in Marketing
I am sure this topic must be here somewhere, but I tried a search and didn`t find exactly what I was looking for.
Anyway, I have been reading more and more that writing articles (or having articles written) and submitting them to directories and ezines is one of the best ways to increase traffic.
I found a three-part minicourse that has given me a quick overview of how to write articles and how and where to submit them. 
If you are interested, sign up for the free three-part minicourse called Stealth Marketing Tactics.  I don`t know now where I first ran across it, but I am sure you can get details by emailing the provider at billm@completeminisites.com</A>.
I would be interested in any other good information on writing and submitting articles as well.  I have not tried this yet, but am anxious to get to it.

Comments

• LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    Writing articles is an excellent method of marketing and promoting your business efforts - and doing so is a great way to position yourself as an "expert" in your field.  I`ve been doing it for years and my articles have been published in design and business magazines, industry journals, newsletters and on numerous websites.  All have brought a great number of clients my way - and offers to write my two books to date (and more that are on the way).One of the best resources for any writer is the Writers Market book.  It has many helpful tips, guideline submissions and contact information for many editors/publishers.  (In the interest of full disclosure I should also mention that the book is published by my own publisher`s parent company).A very good online resource for writers is Anne Wayman`s About Freelance Writing website.Good luck!  - J.
    LogoMotives2007-1-5 13:27:9
  • kbphotokbphoto subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi, CJPeeps,
    I agree completely with LogoMotives. I started writing online articles mid-year last year and have already had tremendous response. I`ve been asked to collaborate on a real estate related book and am currently working on a photography related book deal.
    You might want to check out www.publishingcentral.com</A>. There is a dedicated link for E-Zine Publishing and lots of other helpful information.
    Also, you might want to consider contributing work, articles, short stories, even books, on Author`s Den. I have published a few things on Author`s Den. I`d love to write more, just don`t have enough hours in the day. You can start a basic membership for free. Your work gets a lot of exposure, too. I`ve had some very positive response to my submissions and several reviews.
    Also, check out Inspired Author. They have some really helpful information for freelance writers.
    Thanks, by the way, for the link on the Stealth Marketing Tactics. I`m going to check that out.
    Regards,
    Kim
  • cjpeepscjpeeps subscriber Posts: 5
    Thanks for the sources.  I`ll check them out.
  • keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    Peeps.
    My SuN buddy Jeff is dead-on. Write and write some more. The Internet is full of specialty places for you to find a home for a well-writen article. Like Jeff, I write for industry pubs and it has brought me much attention. A good blog is a great idea. Ezine artciles is another. Just make this a part of your overall marketing strategy ... one small step at a time ... it will pay off.
    R@
    I spent a good bit of time today submitting my first article for publication.  Now I just need to come up with a good idea for the next one .... .
    A few questions that have come up from seeing posts on other forums that were never really answered.  (StartUpNation seems to be the best at really answering questions, not just creating topics )
    1) I know that advice such as "submit to the top 10 sites" could mean different things to different people.  How would you determine the top 10 (or whatever number) of places to submit articles?  Would this be the top # that come up from a google or yahoo search?
    2) How do I find out a site`s page rank?  I really should know this, but I don`t know how to find it.
    3) I was assuming that the same article could be submitted to more than one site, but some posters on other sites say not to do that because of duplication problems.  How many sites do you recommend sending the same article to?
    4) I am currently submitting manually until I see the results of my posts.  Is this going to get me anywhere?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
  • norisknorisk subscriber Posts: 0
    I spent a good bit of time today submitting my first article for publication.  Now I just need to come up with a good idea for the next one .... .
    Aw, that`s easy - you wrote it yourself:
    "Article writing and submission"
    Just remember that if you send it to some places, they will think you want to start a Jee-had against journalists.
    Did I really just say that?
    Anyway, nice to meet you all. I`m new here, and, sorry, but my jokes get worse as I get older. I`m supposed to take pills for it but I put them under my tongue and spit them out when the orderly isn`t looking. Hah!

• AddassaMariAddassaMari subscriber Posts: 2
    Check out http://www.ezinearticles.com/</A> .  My thank you speech:  I would like to thank the brilliant minds who created this forum and the generous hearts who contributes to it. 
    I am in the process of putting together series of articles geared toward sustainable weight loss.  The series will be in newsletter form directed toward customers who purchase my weight management system.  But I had no way of determining it they were in shape for publishing and to protect the articles as my own.
    Well, just a few days ago while browsing the forum, I came across this post and decided "nothing ventured, nothing gained", so I plunged in.
    Today, I am a published author, with three MLA" type formats.
    If you want to get publish, well no better place to start.  My one tip: write about what you know.
    See my article: http://ezinearticles.com/?id=405244</A>AddassaMari2007-1-12 10:59:16
  • kbphotokbphoto subscriber Posts: 0

AddassaMari,
    Great article! I read it and rated it a 5. Wonderful intro to EzineArticles. Keep on writing .
    -Kim

A few questions that have come up from seeing posts on other forums that were never really answered.  (StartUpNation seems to be the best at really answering questions, not just creating topics )
    1) I know that advice such as "submit to the top 10 sites" could mean different things to different people.  How would you determine the top 10 (or whatever number) of places to submit articles?  Would this be the top # that come up from a google or yahoo search?
    2) How do I find out a site`s page rank?  I really should know this, but I don`t know how to find it.
    3) I was assuming that the same article could be submitted to more than one site, but some posters on other sites say not to do that because of duplication problems.  How many sites do you recommend sending the same article to?
    4) I am currently submitting manually until I see the results of my posts.  Is this going to get me anywhere?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Can someone help me with these questions?  I have my first article published and am working on the next two or three now.