WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Looking for some information on the formalities of forming a small outsourcing company

CBFotografiaCBFotografia subscriber Posts: 1 Member

I'm an American photographer living in S. America. 99% of my clients are hotels/restaruants that cater to international tourists. Since COVID has shut down international travel and tourism, we're all virtually shut down for the forseeable future.

I've decided to outsource my services as an editor to photographers in N. America who do the same type of interiors photography, but are more focused on the real estate industry. These image outsourcing companies currently exist, I know there is a demand, but I do need to work on a plan to market my services to photographers who currently use or would be interested in this type of service.

This isn't my first business, but will be my first "international" business and I'm unsure of how to go about dealing with certain formalities, such as where to register, taxes, etc. I'm also open to advice on how to market myself to clients, since most of my current/past marketing was done through direct contact as opposed to potential clients finding me after an internet search.

The plan is to start small, just myself, offer personalized service, consistent results, timeliness, build up a client base and get to a point where I would need to hire some local editors which would allow me to focus more on sales/administration/customer service. Probably not relevant to what I'm asking, but I'm not looking to grow to a point of having hundreds of employees. At most, a handful since I'm at a point in my life where I don't want to manage a larger operation - been there, done that at an earlier stage of my life in a different career.

Since clients would be N. American based I'd like to be paid in US dollars into one of my US bank accounts, maintain my funds there, and then use a bank card to withdraw funds in S. America where dollars are valuable and considered a good hedge against inflation. Even in a post-COVID world I'd do better with this type of business than returning to what I've done before and working locally because of the differences in economies.

If it's just me I'm assuming I can establish/register this business in the US as an L.L.C. and not have to involve my host country as far as formalities, but if/when I get to the point where I'm looking to expand by hiring local editors I'm assuming I would need to hire them as employees of a local company as opposed to employees working for a US based company.

I'm unsure of how exactly this aspect of forming an outsourcing company is normally done. To make things more interesting, in February or March I'm leaving one country (Perú) where I have residency (through marriage) and moving to another (Argentina) where I'll have to estabish residency, but where I do have in-laws with residency/citizenship.

The business idea and move are both rather sudden, so I haven't had as much time as I'd like to research all of this - hence this post which is part of the beginning of the process.

Sorry if I went on with too much detail; thanks for any suggestions, advice, or direction.