WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Lua scripts with Aiven for Redis possible?

Hello!

Do any of you use Aiven as a DBaaS provider? Because I do at work. We use Redis and have created a service on Aiven to use Aiven for Redis.

But I have a question about the Lua scripts that I can't run on Aiven. Is it not possible to run Lua scripts on Aiven for Redis? If it is, how can I do that I create these scripts?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• BilliKidBilliKid subscriber Posts: 2 Member

To run Lua scripts directly on the Redis server, Aiven has built-in support. To create the scripts you basically need the commands EVAL, EVALSHA and SCRIPT LOAD. These are already activated by default for all newly created instances of Redis. But I think you have an Aiven Redis service that was created before April 2018, because there the scripting commands are still disabled by default. If the scripting commands are needed for such an older instance, you will need to have Aiven enable them on request - you can request this via email or via the support chat. You can find documentation and information about this on the support page of Aiven for Redis. Furthermore, you must be aware that failures caused by your hand or self-created scripts are not covered by the service SLA. You are then responsible for this yourself. Hope that I could help.