Need suggestions

AnnAnn subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member

Hello friends,

My mother is a person who has proven to be very good at cooking. She is continually experimenting with new ways of cooking. Our friends and relatives often tell Mom to cook for them when there are small events. That's when a friend of mine asked me if I could promote my mother's cooking.

I seriously think about how to make Mom's passion a source of income for her. After discussing the same with the family members, I concluded that it would be better to start a small coffee shop near our house. My sister suggested changing a shipping container into a coffee shop. We all were very interested in her idea and decided to buy a shipping container ( https://www.securecontainer.ca/secure-container-in-toronto/ ) to set up a coffee shop near our house for our Mom.

Friends, what you guys think about converting a container to a coffee shop? Do you all found it interesting?

Could you share your opinions on our new dream?

Thanks!

Comments

• caringconsultantchelseacaringconsultantchelsea subscriber Posts: 3 Member

Hi, I think that idea is very unique. I am a business consultant and I would love to help you on your journey. Please contact me at [email protected] if you are interested. You may check out my website as well at www.starlightbusinessconsulting.com. Best of luck to your mom.

• likeshigh12likeshigh12 New Yorksubscriber Posts: 86 Silver Level Member

If your mother is perfect at cooking then you can open a restaurant. People will to you to see taste and quality of cooked food.

• ella-knightella-knight subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 25

Hi Ann, I absolutely LOVE this idea of a shipping container turned coffee shop! I think you should definitely go for it. It’s very unique and would be a great selling point - I would personally go there just for the aesthetics! I also think having a solid social media presence and a strong automated review system would drastically increase the number of people coming to your coffee shop. RapidReviews is a great review system to build your online reputation and get your business off to a great start. Their website is super easy to use and I definitely think it will be worth your while.

Ps. If I’m ever in Toronto, I’ll definitely be looking out for this coffee shop! ;)

• kanikabugraptorskanikabugraptors subscriber Posts: 2 Member

Of course, the idea is very interesting. Starting a coffee shop in a container would definitely capture the attention of people nearby. However, the only thing that you need to watch for is creating a great ambiance since it is the only thing that captivates the guests at first. I will not talk about the taste of the food you will offer because I know all mothers cook delicious food.  

• kanikabugraptorskanikabugraptors subscriber Posts: 2 Member

Of course, the idea is very interesting. Starting a coffee shop in a container would definitely capture the attention of people nearby. However, the only thing that you need to watch for is creating a great ambiance since it is the only thing that captivates the guests at first. I will not talk about the taste of the food you will offer because I know all mothers cook delicious food.