WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Questions for Business owners - If anyone can help?

allinthebizallinthebiz subscriber Posts: 1 Member

If you can answer as many questions as possible please,,,

1.) Is it a viable solution to make an e-commerce website yourself?

2.) Do I need a business license to simply sell something online?

3.) What kind of inventory stock would I need to turn a profit

4.) What kind of business do you own?

5.) Should I hire freelancers?

Answers

• Options
    ThriveThrive subscriber Posts: 4 Member

Hi allinthebiz, great questions!

1. Depending on what you are selling, this could be a great way to eliminate fees of the "middle man" and sell products directly to your customers.
    2. It is advisable that you obtain licenses as this will show your customers that you are legitimate.
    3. This depends on what product you are selling, who you are selling it to, where you are selling it, among many other variables.
    4. We own a business consulting business that provides businesses with a plan for starting/growing.
    5. This could be helpful if there are areas of expertise that you will need aid in.

We would love to provide you guidance and detailed plans for starting and growing your business! Feel free to reach out if you would like to learn more and are interested in our product.

• Options
    tcgallowaytcgalloway subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    edited March 2021

1.) Is it a viable solution to make an e-commerce website yourself?

Definitely -for simplicity try shopify , low cost :wordpress and Woocommerce

2.) Do I need a business license to simply sell something online?

Best to have them if required in your country

3.) What kind of inventory stock would I need to turn a profit

not necessary to have stock -try dropshipping - or on affiliate marketing website

4.) What kind of business do you own?

ecommerce topgiftsforall.com and affiliate website watchzi.com

5.) Should I hire freelancers?

Maybe to start you could try fiverr or iwriter for some ideas and learn from what work you get done and then try yourself that is what I did