WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Need Ideas for a home based biz for a car nut!

Chvymtl3Chvymtl3 subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2007 in Selecting a Business
I have a son that will soon be 3 years old and I would like to be able to spend more time at home and deal with the 8 to 5 rat race.  I have been trying to come up with a good home based buisness idea, but keep hitting a brick wall.
I am late 30`s male that loves automobiles!  Like the TV show is titled "Car Crazy"  I have been tinkering with them since I was 14.  I never got into "ball" sports, nothing interested me unless it had wheels and a motor.  I have built several national award winning show cars.   I have worked in the Automotive biz for about 13 years.  I have always been in parts, Starting out in Truck Customizing and for the parst 4 years, selling original and aftermarket Mercedes Benz parts.  I have considered a ebay parts store, but there are tons of them on ebay and the internet in general.  I unfortunatly don`t have a ton of money to invest right now.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    LtresselLtressel subscriber Posts: 3
    hi Chvymtl3,Have you ever thought about creating a blog? With your expertise, write about the things that you know about cars, parts, etc.  With that you can also create an e-commerce to sell the parts.In the meantime, you can use craigslist and the likes to put Free ads for whatever it is you are selling.LT
  • Options
    hjgauthierhjgauthier subscriber Posts: 19

I have a son that will soon be 3 years old and I would like to be able to spend more time at home and deal with the 8 to 5 rat race.  I have been trying to come up with a good home based buisness idea, but keep hitting a brick wall.
    I am late 30`s male that loves automobiles!  Like the TV show is titled "Car Crazy"  I have been tinkering with them since I was 14.  I never got into "ball" sports, nothing interested me unless it had wheels and a motor.  I have built several national award winning show cars.   I have worked in the Automotive biz for about 13 years.  I have always been in parts, Starting out in Truck Customizing and for the parst 4 years, selling original and aftermarket Mercedes Benz parts.  I have considered a ebay parts store, but there are tons of them on ebay and the internet in general.  I unfortunatly don`t have a ton of money to invest right now.
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance

I use a training system that is Generic and teaches strategies on promoting and marketing any business.  You can click my Sig File link and get a free member ship, check it out and get some ideas on how to start, promote and profit from your online business.
    Let me know what you think.
    Hubert
  • Options
    Chvymtl3Chvymtl3 subscriber Posts: 1
    I use Craigslist and few other sites to sell a few extra/un-needed parts, that has worked well, but I am looking for something a little more niche market.
  • Options
    I use Craigslist and few other sites to sell a few extra/un-needed parts, that has worked well, but I am looking for something a little more niche market.
    Have you tried looking for forums for Car Lovers or something like that.  There are forums for all interests.  That could be a place to start looking for that niche.  Also you could start a blog about cars.  You could develop readers that could become future customers.  You could get free access to a video tutorial that walks you through setting up your own blog.  You can access this at
    http://hjgauthier.payitforward4profits.com</A>

Hope this helps,
    Hubert
  • Options
    startupbizhubstartupbizhub subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    Well said by Ltressel and hjgauthier, you should start your own blog and try to build your reputation. You can sell all over internet but source will be your blog, try to promote your blog through forums and other community based sites.
  • Options

Well said by Ltressel and hjgauthier, you should start your own blog and try to build your reputation. You can sell all over internet but source will be your blog, try to promote your blog through forums and other community based sites.