WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Is an accountant really necessary?

13»

Comments

• bizbon7bizbon7 subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    Agree with everyone. If your business is small so it doesn't worth to hire a full-time accountant so it's better to save money and have an accountant on outsourcing or do it by yourself if you are good in it.
    But when your business will grow to a bigger one, so it is better to hire an accountant to have an order in all these papers.
  • EntreflowEntreflow subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member
    Results are improved when an accountant can help you use QuickBooks, which will save you money long term. Having an accountant also reduce the chances of audit and will allow the implementation of apps. 
    Depending on your business (if you are a small business or a startup for example), you might not need to have a full-time accountant. That's where accounting consultants are really useful. They are less expensive and usually have experience in different companies and industries. 

Helina
    Entreflow - Business Consultant

• Anthony_JoyAnthony_Joy subscriber Posts: 5 Member

when you run a small or medium-sized business, you have to count of every penny you are spending and all the money you are profited with.

I told a client about the different software and the feedback I get from other clients as well as the reports I get from the different software. He did not listen and decided to take our service run of each side by side. Within the first week, he sent me an email telling me others were correct. He abandoned QB and started to use service of AKT Macs.

• Sara AdamSara Adam subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2020
    Advantages of Getting Managed Payroll Services for Your Small Business

Small businesses are already fighting different battles at so many fronts that they are not often left with enough resources to deal with financial management through in-house expertise. Firms dealing in accounting for small businesses are there to take care of the things that proprietors can’t deal with their limited resources. Many of them also offer managed payroll services and the preparation of payroll taxes. There are multiple benefits that a business can avail by using the payroll management expertise of any third party.

Let’s have a quick look at the advantages of managed payroll services.

1. For Better Accuracy and Peace of Mind
    2. For the Prevention of Mental Burnout
    3. It’s a Cost-Saving Measure
  • Sydney blackSydney black subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member

In my opinion accounting is necessary in the beginning as well as in the future if your business grows and returns spike at a high rate. You need proper accountant for this but if you would like to learn there are other several platforms for learning basic business accounting.

You also need not have to appoint an accounts guy and a tax guy separately. In this days there are several professionals who are experienced in both so you can cut the cost of two to one.

If you don't see the need to have accounting you might want to in the future.

• finnkevin4498finnkevin4498 subscriber Posts: 6 Member

An accountant is essential for any business. Accounting firms will always be needed as long as there are people who need assistance with taxes or businesses.

The specific circumstances of your individual situation will determine whether you need a tax accountant. If you are self-employed or have experienced major life changes, you might want to hire an accountant. An accountant might be a good option if you have to amend an existing tax return.

Accounts that are not properly managed can be late or not paid. This could lead to a number of problems. It is possible for a business to experience product delivery interruptions, shut down utilities, loss of insurance coverage, or other disastrous outcomes.

Non-tax professionals who are busy can spend their time earning money in their field of expertise. Even if you have a straightforward tax situation , hiring a professional will save time and stress when doing your taxes.