WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Is an accountant really necessary?

Comments

• Options
    LeinfinitoLeinfinito subscriber Posts: 0
    I've read a lot of suggestions already and I also agree to most of it. However, I think I haven't seen anyone suggesting accounting outsourcing. If you wanna save time and all the troubles in looking for the best accountant, then you should try outsourcing. There a lot of BPO companies that offer various kinds of services, including finance and accounting. Looking for an outsourcing partner, I think, is a easier and faster. Give it a shot!
  • Options
    TheStreetTeamTheStreetTeam subscriber Posts: 3
    It's going to save you time and money. Plus the stress, but honestly I don't think you need it at all unless you're managing millions. If you're doing $500K a year or so it's okay.
  • Options
    Jessy-ThamesJessy-Thames subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi
    Indeed. As Bert_Seither has mentioned, if you owe to have a professional accountant, you could easily wind up all your day-to-day activities within a limited time and in a quicker way too.
    The only difficulty is in sorting out a better accountant(s) who could visibly make your accounting/bookkeeping, payroll and tax assistance to be simpler. If at all you have found such reliable accountants, you can be stress-free!
  • Options
    andrewrussel12andrewrussel12 subscriber Posts: 0
    <a href="http://www.qualityaccountancy.co.uk"></a&gt; Jobs require a lot of hard work and dedication. Accountants have to be very careful while managing taxation records of their clients. If you want to have a successful accounting job you need to find a mentor first of all. Follow the ways and ideas of an established accountant. All these things will help you in getting one of the best accountancy jobs
  • Options
    edward222edward222 subscriber Posts: 2
    Hi Guys, now a days some of business owners prefer to outsource their accountants, bec. outsourcing is much easier and has a less cost.

My company is outsourcing the accountant's. Allow me to share them to you... Here's the link http://www.offshoredirect.com/ .. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    radnerreyesradnerreyes subscriber Posts: 0
    If you're just starting up and bootstrapping you might want to just look for free accounting tools that you can use yourself. It will allow you to save money and allow you to manage your cash flows. Check out http://www.slickpie.com for a free and easy accounting tool made for entrepreneurs.
  • Options
    houngiehoungie subscriber Posts: 0
    I agree. An accountant is not necessary if you have sufficient accounting knowledge but it's always good to find a good accountant.
    It's not necessary for an accountant to do all your accounts, you can do some of them yourself. But having an accountant will keep you on the right track. Some of my clients goes to other accountant for second opinion on certain matter for their peace of mind in making certain big decisions. It's also good to visit your accountant when there is a new law that may affect you to see if you could make the law in your favor or take necessary steps to avoid a disaster.
    You will need a package to manage your books. easystreetusa.com is simple, specially deigned for small business & entrepreneur and it's free for 2015 & 2016 tax years too
  • Options
    kerenkeren subscriber Posts: 0
    These days an accountant is not an absolute necessity, especially if you are small or run a micro business. A better way than hiring an accountant is is to contract a professional managed services company that will take care of tax filing, bookkeeping, invoice/bill generation and general accounting. There is practical no service that cannot be achieved using a managed service provider.
  • Options
    houngiehoungie subscriber Posts: 0
    "These days an accountant is not an absolute necessity, especially if you are small or run a micro business."
    A better way than hiring an accountant is is to contract a professional managed services company that will take care of tax filing, bookkeeping, invoice/bill generation and general accounting. There is practical no service that cannot be achieved using a managed service provider. "

Hi Karen
    I agree with you that accountants are not absolute necessity. However with the managed service company that you suggested, I was wondering are they qualified to provide all the services that you mentioned? or be up to date to all latest legislation in accordance to accounting/tax. Also, will there be any privacy/confidentiality of business information on a professional matter? Plus I believe people behind the screen may be multi-tasking or they might not take too much interest in your business.
    I believe if MSP is done everything online, there would be a lot at risk, especially if it comes to handling information through the internet. Therefore I would prefer to hire an accountant over MSP..
  • Options
    harryventharryvent subscriber Posts: 48 Bronze Level Member
    Is an accountant is necessary or not, that depends on your business. If you can go with accounting software to manage all your company expenses, billing, online payments, etc. It reduces work burden and save your time, some software are Xero, FreshBooks, Apptivo and many options available in online.
  • Options
    Jeff MarlonJeff Marlon subscriber Posts: 71 Bronze Level Member
    Yes, accountant are very important for any business either old or new. As you said there is so much to deal with cash so definitely someone who has specifically field information is required. As accountants can provide the best suggestions based on their past relevant experience.
  • Options
    Business ConsultantsBusiness Consultants subscriber Posts: 45 Bronze Level Member
    An accountant can help you manage your accounts, thus saving you valuable time for you to concentrate on other areas of your business. Choosing an accountant depends on the type of business you are doing, not necessary in every case.

Auditors in Qatar| Payroll Services Qatar http://www.hlbqatar.com/
  • Options
    nganhangnganhang subscriber Posts: 20
    sure an accounting is important. because he can serve u with a detail income statement. U can find many information the report than u just doing a simple statement
  • Options
    backlinkfybacklinkfy subscriber Posts: 9 Member
    There are less expensive ways to manage your clients and finances without a permanent accountant. You can use accounting solutions like BillQuick which is a Time and Expense Tracking, Billing, Project Management and Accounting software.
  • Options
    RoshniRoshni subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member