WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Marketing Advice

clee856clee856 subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2011 in Marketing
I'm currently in my sophmore year of college in a business administration program with a concentration in marketing. Upon graduation I plan to begin my career as a marketer. However, the city of my residence lacks a booming business community therefore their are very view opportunities to build up an impressive business related resume. I have insufficient funds to relocate so what are some ways I can work around this and best prepare myself for a marketing career?

Comments

• ericgrahamericgraham subscriber Posts: 0
    Marketing is everything you do to reach and persuade prospects. The sales process is everything you do to close the sale and sign an agreement or contract. However, it is not uncommon for a company to be unbalanced with respect to these two ingredients of business success.
  • GaryBarzelGaryBarzel subscriber Posts: 1
    I agree with cartess3, with the internet today you literally have an unlimited amount of resources available to you.
    Maybe start with a viral marketing campaign consisting of catchy articles, blog posts or videos.