WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

is it worth starting up a new freelance marketplace

gul_88gul_88 subscriber Posts: 1 Member

I am thinking abotu starting up a new freelance marketplace. (I know, not another one!). I have been looking at the trends and most of them just either offer lower commission rates. Is this enough?

Some also offer vetting of freelancers, so only experienced freelancers get on to the site? My only issue with this is that I dont have a big enough budget to do something like this.

I am leaning towards creating a digital item marketplace that allows for clients to also hire the freelancer that created the digital item.

So for example If I bought a theme from a author, and I wanted it to be customised, I can simply buy the theme from them and then get a quote based on my requirements.

This way you are engaging with the freelancer about work and not just posting a job waiting for the lowest bidder with enough ratings.

The way I see the above model, is that it allows freelancers, to work on jobs fixed fees or hourly rates while also making money through digital items. And so clients are most likelky going to want to buy support and pay for customisation from them. So this helps eliminate bidding wars, and helps bring work to freelancers. Rather than them to the work. (if that makes sense)

I would love to hear anyone who has either bought a digital item, or is freelancing. Thanks.

Apologies for any spelling mistakes.

Tagged: