WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Creating E-commerce website, what else i should do?

William114William114 subscriber Posts: 3 Member

I am gonna create E-commerce website for my Jewelry company.

We have quite a good diamond Jewelry and I have created High quality Jewelry Renderings and jewelry animations. I know it cause i am in jewelry industry quite from some time. But what should i need to take do when it comes to technical stuff.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• SashaGrandSashaGrand subscriber Posts: 1 Member

Not sure if you already have knowledge on how to create an online profitable business but I joined this course called The Entre Blueprint. I to was lost and now I know exactly how to make the cash flow in. register for it now.

• Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member

Hi William114,

Not sure what do you mean by technical stuff. Do you mean how to build a complete e-commerce website?

You can do it with most of the CMS like drupal and WordPress with the right e-commerce plugins. I assume you have a large capital because you are in the jewelry industry. Don't crack your head with something that you do not know. Please just hire someone to get the e-commerce site done for you. You can do what you good at, which is sales or marketing.

It won't be too expensive to setup up an e-commerce site. So, i would advice you not to spend too much time to learn building e-commerce site or coding. Focus more on your business. Hope that helps.

Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/

• karthickvelusamykarthickvelusamy subscriber Posts: 1 Member

Hi @William114

Congrats for your initiative.

1) Buy a domain. Example:Godaddy

2) Buy a shared hosting. Example:Bluehost

3) Install WordPress and Woocommerce plugin. Then buy or choose a theme, build your site.

4) Add products, images, pricing, and integrate payment.

5) Make sure you add tracking scripts from Google Analytics, search console and facebook with event tracking.

6) Create a website traffic ad at the beginning on Facebook. Once you start to receive orders then optimize the ads for conversion.

You can go with Shopify instead of woo-commerce. But there you might be spending a little more recurringly for the platform but not have to worry about hosting charges.

Need any advice? Please feel free to reach out on LinkedIn (Karthick Velusamy). I can guide you to keep moving your business. And my wishes for your success.