WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

WANTED: BUSINESS IDEA

CSPURGEONCSPURGEON subscriber Posts: 10
edited January 2007 in Selecting a Business
I am an avid researcher. I enjoy looking for answers on the internet or in publication. Is there a business that I could model after this, if so please let me know! I dont have many consulting abilities and have looked into the paralegal field but cannot find a way to put these abilities in a business model.

Comments

• CSPURGEONCSPURGEON subscriber Posts: 10
    Another option would be to research the work-field of researching, and see what you come up with. I`ll bet there are some Web sites out there promoting other people doing the same thing.
    You know it does sound kinda stupid that I would post this and say that I love to research......SOMEONE HELP ME FIND SOMETHING!
    Thanks for the advice, I haven`t ever looked at it that way. Guess you could say I was stuck in a PARADIGM.
    In another example, I needed a serious disease that someone could easily live with until or unless they got pregnant. Then, the pregnancy would introduce a high probability of death during delivery. (This, for a novel I`m working on.) It happened I knew a librarian, and she did the research and found an excellent heart disease.
    Wouldn`t happen to be:    
                                           Marfan SyndromeThe Marfan syndrome is an inherited disorder of connective tissue that can affect many parts of the body, including the heart. The degree of heart involvement varies in this condition. Many doctors feel that if you have the Marfan syndrome with a dilated aortic root, you should avoid pregnancy. The reason is that the aortic root could rupture during the stress of labor, posing a high risk to both you and your baby. Any woman with the Marfan syndrome who does become pregnant should be watched closely by her cardiologist
    Thought I might be able to prove myself!
    Checked out the Elance.com, wow what a GREAT site!CSPURGEON2007-1-24 4:39:32
    Craig L said: A researcher, like a detective, succeeds by starting with less information and producing more information. An "analyst" begins with more information, and summarizes it down to less.
    Although my background is military and police, I do a better job with more of an analyst type of work. I probly would have had a harder time finding the above post if I wouldn`t have had the information regarding it as a heart issue.
    Also I looked at  Elance.com and the problem that I am faced is that my typing grammer is not good enough to write articles for websites and such. Tonite I plan on doing a search of SUN members who possibly are paralegals or even better own a business doing such work.
  • rexiedexierexiedexie subscriber Posts: 97 Silver Level Member
    What about writing an article about researching.
    You will get lots of feedback if you do this and it make help you decide what to do.
    See a site called Writingup http://www.writingup.com/?referer=6406</A>

The biggest problem that I face is that of a lack of writing skills. I am more the type who can compile information. I have thought of the idea of digitizing documents for people. I am sure there are business` out there who do this. I am more towards individuals not so much businesses. Individuals have papers that they have in which they want to keep but dont necessarily <see how bad my spelling is> want to keep them around the house. So You could have them scanned and sorted to their likings. This would eliminate the paper folders in the office.
    I have yet to look up and see the existing business or services available like the one that I have descibed. If you know of one or have used one let me know!!
    A problem with the PI field in Indiana is that I cannot be a sworn Law Enforcement Officer and be a license PI at the same time. I am really swaying towards the Paralegal Field. I can do this type of work without having to alter my full time profession. I have sent messages to people who are members of SUN but havnt had any replies except one who wanted to sell me a franchise.
    So what I think you are trying to say is that I didnt really want help?? That I knew all along what I wanted to do.