WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Website Feedback Greatly Appreciated

ctrebendisctrebendis subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2006 in Website Critique
Hi.
I just started my own business and would really appreciate any feedback on my website. If you have a chance, please check it out at www.roomsrevealed.com</A>
Thanks in advance. 
Christine Trebendis

Comments

• Options
    tojealcatojealca subscriber Posts: 5
    Christine!!
    Great site, love the before and after pics.  I am going to pass this on to my wife, she loves decorating and has done it for other people!  (Not for any money but for fun).
    The only thing I would change, not a big fan of the black.  Add more pics, and put them on pages according to style.  Remove the Faux Finish pics unless they can come out better, it is hard to see the finish.  (As I understand that is adding texture to the wall for a not so flat look).  By adding the "pages" people can check out what they are looking for if they have an idea and if they do not, then they can "flip" through them all and have them not be on the same page.  To us "lay" people, they can be confusing.
    Also, I would add a way for the potential customer to be able to contact you from the page with the pics on it that they may be interested in, that way you have an idea of what they are looking at when they contact you and what they may be looking for in a designer!
    Hope that helps!
    Tony
    PS funny story, my wife did her brothers home, and he was at the bed store looking at beds and told the sales man that he had to have his "designer" look at the bed.  The sales man asked the "designers" name and he told him what it was.  The sales man said "oh we have worked with her before and she does great work!"  Just thought that was funny!

• Options
    BeckyBecky subscriber Posts: 1
    Christine,
    Great site and services.  I think its smart that you`ve actaully listed all of your services on your site.  I think many times people don`t realize that they can have a designer/decorator come in for smaller projects - not just huge decorating rehauls. 
    I`m a realtor and I can certainly appreciate the need for good staging and design.  I often have clients that need LOTS of redesign, and it makes a huge impact on there bottom line when they actually do it.  Are you marketing yourself to realtors?  With the market change where I live and houses sitting on the market for much longer, there is a lot of potential for your type business.  The dog-eared properties are no longer flying off the market!
    Your before and afters are great too!
    Good luck,
    Becky
  • Options
    ctrebendisctrebendis subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you so much for the comments. Since I am new at this, I don`t have too many pictures to add to my portfolio, but  I am working on it.
    Becky, I have not contacted any realtors at this time. I am very shy and have a hard time trying to sell myself. That has to be the hardest part of marketing for me. I do have a postcard on the benefits of staging that I send directly to homeowners selling their homes in my area. I just started sending those out, but have not received any response yet. 
    Thank you all for taking the time to view my site and I will try to make some of the changes suggested.
    It`s nice to know there are so many of you out there willing to help. 
    Christine Trebendis
    www.roomsrevealed.com</A>
     ctrebendis2006-10-2 23:58:9