WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Companies offer free tools during the Coronavirus isolation

dowson_adowson_a subscriber Posts: 5 Member

To be honest I’m shocked to see how corona pandemic is influencing our jobs and working habits. I have to admit it was hard for me to get used to work from home, but I have no right to complain about this since some people lost their jobs because of it. Also, there are a lot of smaller businesses that are struggling to keep up and survive. When I was surfing online and reading about this topic I saw a couple of articles on how bigger companies are offering their tools to small businesses for free to help them. I thought it would be nice for us to come together and make a list of free tools we (and everyone around us who we know is struggling) can use for free that would make working from home a bit easier/safer. These are the ones I managed to find:

• Video recording and sharing service from Loom
  • VPN app from Surfshark for 6 months
  • Video conference calls from Google
  • Free large files transferring service from Meero
  • A pledge signed by Comcast, Charter, Verizon, Google, and Sprint  to keep Americans internet-connected for the next 60 days even if they cannot afford to pay
  • Free self-storage for 30 days from U-Haul