WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Funding African Youth Startups from Angels Outside Africa - Possible?

accofrancoaccofranco subscriber Posts: 3 Member

Hi everyone, I am so excited to be a part of this great business forum. I have been searching for a forum like this, all thanks to Google for bringing me here. Well done to the owners and moderators and managers of this great community.

Please I want to know, is it possible for a youth from Nigeria to secure funding from outside Africa for his highly promising startup?

I am working on a great startup idea in the transport logistics sector, and its been amazing response from potential clients since last year. Right now, I am fully prepared to take this business to the next level that will boost the revenue and position it for a greater opportunity in the industry, but I am financially handicapped to execute the necessary plans that will make this goal a reality, and the fund I need is not really much; around $50,000. I have approached banks here, but getting loan from Nigerian banks is always a nightmare and impossibility for young people no matter your business prospect unless you have enough property to stand as collateral, which I don't have at the moment as a young entrepreneur.

My question is, how can I secure funding from outside Nigeria for this great startup I am currently working on? I have tried angel.co and others, but they seem all impossible. I really need help mates.

Please I do understand the bad reputation of some unscrupulous elements from my country Nigeria who have made it look like all Nigerians are scammers, please I have to reference this because I have had an encounter with someone online some time ago who saw my post and tagged me a Nigerian scammer that I should quit scam, I was heartbroken because I have been on the forefront of fighting internet fraud, educating foreigners through far-reaching articles published on hubpages.com, medium, quora, etc and even wrote a book about it which couldn't go far because I didn't have a big name to promote it in the international scene. So for someone to tag me a scammer broke my heart.

So please I am pleading with every reader of my post, if you are in doubt of my personality and identity, ask and I will give you all my profile details on linkedin, facebook, and even on hubpages.com.

I believe in dignity of labor....I am working hard to build a sustainable, prosperous business that will not only earn income, but will help solve major problems and challenges people face in my country and other African nations, I just need someone that will believe in me and work with me on this project. Thanks all