SEO - Year in Review 2019
- Quality & Long-Form content dominated
- New in structured data: FAQ, How-to & Q&A
- Zero Click searches: Google Searches ending without a click to website content hit an all-time high, more than 50%.
- March 2019 Broad Core Algorithm Update: favour of authoritative sites
- June 6 Site Diversity Google Update: No longer display more than two SERP results from the same domain
- E-A-T (Expertise, Authority, Trustworthiness): Increasing E-A-T, an important search quality rating guidelines from Google
- Speed report in Search Console
- Voice search: Searchers start with how, what, where, when, why, who, & adjectives like best, top, new, good, free, easy.
- Featured snippets & Accelerated mobile pages-Importance of Ranking
- Star ratings Disappeared.
- Crawling, Indexing & Ranking
- Mobile-first indexing: Google's preference for mobile-first indexing.
- No longer directives in robots.txt: You need to no longer depend on the no index mention in your robots.txt file.
- New link attribute: Google introduced rel=”sponsored” as paid & rel=”ugc” as user-generated content, rel="nofollow" would be included for ranking than directive
- Stopped supporting rel1;prev/next markup
- Multiple H1 tags on a page would not trip up Google’s systems.
Sign In or Register to comment.