WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Requesting helpful information

I am seeking information from anyone with experience on starting a web site using live video and audio feeds.  I am a golf teacher who is interested in using the web-site to give live lessons on line.  Other web-sites out there claim they have live lessons on line but, when you go to there all you can do is down load a video or up load a swing for them to look at and send it back to you.
I am starting a new golf school which the foundation of the school is bassed on a true rotary golf swing.  What this means is that there are no lateral or vertical movements. A golfer will be able to swing on plane and understand how and why this happens every time.  Many of today`s top instructors in the world think their students are swinging on plane and rotating around a fixed axis. However, they are not. 
This is  the base for the web-site.  What I would like to be able to do is to have a lesson that would start, let`s say at 8pm eastern time and have as many people sign up for it as possible. Broadcast the lessons live for a fee.
If anyone can help me understand what is need in this process by me and the end user I would be greatful.
Thanks,
Golf247

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    chrishudsonchrishudson subscriber Posts: 3
    Thank You for your response.  Your information was very insightfull and greatly appreciated.  If I have some more questions would it be alright to contact you or add you to my buddy list? Congradulations on your baby, I have one on the way. We are very excited. I may have questions on that whole experience too! LOL! 
    Thanks again for the greet feed back.
  • Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    A live lesson is something that can be done.  The technology is available now that enables broadcast of webcams....even two way.

~Roland
  • Options
    chrishudsonchrishudson subscriber Posts: 3
    Roland,
    Is it expensive to set something like this up? After rethinking things. I have come up with a different approach to what I am going to do.  I still am very interested to find out about information about doing something like this.
    At first I was considering doing every lessons live.  I still want to do this. However, maybe only once a week to every differnt time zone in the world. If you could share any info on cost, equipment needed,  fees  and so on.
    I noticed that you host web sites and design websites as well. If you could let me know your costs that would be helpfull, thanks..
    Thanks for your response.
    Chris

• Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Hi,
    I sent you a PM. Equipment is fairly inexpensive.  the critical part of web cam use is the lighting.  The better the lighting, the better the image.
    ~Roland
  • Options
    mtmgolfpromtmgolfpro subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Chris,
    I saw your post and wondered if you knew John Redd. I went to his golf school in Orlando where he teaches a zero compensating, single axis, rotary golf swing. I am a PGA Director of Instruction in the Dallas area, and the swing you describe really is the wave of the future! You can e-mail me at mtmgolfpro@msn.com</A> 
    Good luck with your project!