WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

5 Types of Investors for Startups

StartupNationStartupNation administrator Posts: 625 Site Admin

image5 Types of Investors for Startups

It's important for budding entrepreneurs to learn about the types of investors available and how to use best practices when approaching them for funds.

Read the full story here

Comments

• iDeaDate_LizGoonaiDeaDate_LizGoona subscriber Posts: 1 Member

I completely agree with you Rebecca.

As a undergraduate and postgraduate I have found it very difficult to attract investors to fund projects. I am not talking about big stacks, just covering project expenses. Also, when I started investing in small stacks, it is really hard to find startups with a great potential. Every billion dollar company was once small, but where to find these entrepreneurs, how to talk to them and come in to terms with partnerships were some of unanswered questions I had.

If an entrepreneur did their design right and invented a flawless solution/ strategy or a product, it should not be the entrepreneur who should be knocking on investor profiles. But it should be the other way around unlike prominent investor shows or loan programs.

Thus, I just launched this app to facilitate entrepreneur, investor meetups (www.ideadate.app). I only have the android app developed and the iOS will be released soon. If anyone could let me know your thoughts on how can I improve this or if I should be doing things different, please email me or leave a reply here.. Happy new year everyone!