WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

New to Site - Looking for a New Business Start Up

CareerPublisherCareerPublisher subscriber Posts: 5 Member

I hope it is okay to post something like this on my first visit. If not, I apologize and will understand if it is deleted.

I am an independent business owner with 30 years of experience in the publishing/media industry that is looking to acquire or start another publishing/media property/company. I recently sold a publishing company I started 15 years ago and after working with the new owners during a transition period for a few months, I am now looking for a new opportunity that I can run from a home office. While most of my professional experience is in the publishing industry I am open to exploring other opportunities, with the exception of franchises. Feel free to reply to this post or contact me at gardengreenhouse@gmail.com. Thx

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin

Hello, @CareerPublisher:

Welcome to the community. I wish you the best of luck with your endeavor.

This post is OK as a one-time deal, but if you are curious, you can review the community guidelines here:

https://community.startupnation.com/discussion/12951/community-guidelines

Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • CareerPublisherCareerPublisher subscriber Posts: 5 Member

Thanks and no worries about me spamming anyone. After working a lot of hours that included starting, growing and ultimately selling 2 different companies I've come to the realization I enjoy keeping busy and need a new project. We all tell ourselves when we're young that we'd love to retire early but I've come to the realization that even though I'm 57 years old and could kick back and take it easy until I officially retire in a few years, it's the last thing I actually want to do. Thanks for the welcome aboard.

• JohnBriggsJohnBriggs subscriber Posts: 3 Member

There’s isn’t too much information out there on how to actually get acquired. There are a few articles here and there, but they don’t really tell you all the details, how it happened, etc. so getting acquired is still a bit of a black box. One of my friends recently set up a forum called Acquired Social where people can ask specific questions about this kind of stuff to investors who are looking to buy and startups that have done successful exits before. It’s pretty new but it seems to have quite a bit of activity on it already.

• CareerPublisherCareerPublisher subscriber Posts: 5 Member

Thanks John. I've found a project and have started another company but I would be interested to know what your friend's form address is. My history is to buy distressed media properties like magazines and websites, etc. I fix the problems, get them profitable and eventually sell them.