WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

What are the most important techniques to secure an E-commerce store

denise hiltondenise hilton subscriber Posts: 19 Bronze Level Member
I own a small e-commerce online store and recently my website database got hacked. Thanks to my web hosting provider they already had backups and restored my data. How can i ensure that my web store is completely safe with minimum cost?

Comments

• Options
    Courtney TCourtney T subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Denise,

Your clientele's information is something that should be stored in a box, with the key thrown away. The thing with web hosting, they aren't tailored to your site or protecting it. It's security companies that are made for that, that will help you to the fullest. I recommend looking into envadr.io, they have helped many big time companies with vulnerabilities and are meant for this specific thing! You could also look into low time freelancers as well.
  • Options
    chrismorelochrismorelo subscriber Posts: 4 Member

First of all, you should secure your internet from data leakage by using VPN. I have my own business and one of the first things which I done - got a VPN. It is very important if you want to secure your organisation’s data traffic and provide your colleagues with safe remote access. There are a lot of different VPN's which are offering great deals for small business. Personally, I use NordVPN Teams for half a year and my colleagues are happy by their services. Also, I heard good reviews about VyprVPN and PureVPN so you can check them out.

• Options
    Jessie HookieJessie Hookie subscriber Posts: 351 Silver Level Member

Take better control of your passwords.

Encrypt your entire .

Configure two-factor authentication.

Don't trust native .

Help customers be .

Keep redundant backups.

Never  credit card data.