WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Essential Tools for your Business

ChrisSmithChrisSmith subscriber Posts: 3
I wanted to create this post to share low cost or free tools for startup business. 
I will start with a few tools that I couldn`t do without.  I am not affiliated with any of these companies.
1. Skype - This is a free VOIP phone service which is offering free computer to computer and computer to phone calls (US and Canada Only) till the end of the year.  If you do call out of the country prices are approximately .02 per minute.  I have setup a phone line to accept inbound calls that cost approximately $3.50 per month.  This is a must for any startup company that is watching their pennies and dimes very closely.  One thing is a must...you have to have high speed internet for this to work properly.
2. Mozy Backup - This is a free over the internet backup solution.  They offer 2 GB of backup for your computer.  It backs up over 128 bit ssl so your data is secure.  I use it to backup my emails and important documents and pictures.  That 2 GB of data can go quickly if you are backing up your music, photos and movies so they do offer paid services that give you more data.  For me...the free offering works just great.
3. iStockphoto - This is a low cost way to get stock photos.  The cost...$1 per picture.  Great way to get pics for your website or brochure.
4.  Conference Calls - A free conference call service.  You have to pay for the long distance.  But if you use skype there is no cost.
Please post any of your favorites as well