WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

1000% return in less than 5 years.

Pilotbob2Pilotbob2 subscriber Posts: 1
edited February 2008 in Growth Funding

Yes, I have that product. The problem is that I have invested over 1.3 million of my own money and over 30 years developing the product. Now, I need an investor to get to the next level where money is widely available. I don`t know how to contact this type of investor. The product is well tested and considered "low tech" with a market share of 1.8 billion per year in about five years if the expansion process is funded properly. I have talked to many people and find the funds available if this one step can be achieved. Due to the nature of the product, it can`t be advertised or shown until all the patents are secure and manufacturing is started. The additional cost that I now face is about 1.5 million for six months and then the big funding will be required. The "team" is in place except for a top level president that I want to have run the daily operation. I want to continue with the development of products that will be required with additional engineering staff. The business plan is effective with all the pertinent information. How can I get the right person to look at it? I am not going to pay every Tom, Dick and Harry for their "list" so please don`t even suggest those type of companies. Thanks to all who give information.

Comments

• robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Pilotbob,
    The funds are available if this one step can be achieved.
    Is that step - patents filed/issued  manufacturing in place?
  • Pilotbob2Pilotbob2 subscriber Posts: 1
    Robert,

Yes, we are at that stage. The proof of concept unit was tested and now we need to construct the Manufacturing prototype, file patent applications and set up the first manufacturing facility. The facility is available and part of the purpose for funding.
    Pilotbob22/24/2008 3:52 PM
  • johnqhjohnqh subscriber Posts: 4
    You are protected with "patent pending". If you have to wait for the patents to be issued, that may be another five years` of wait.
    Consult your patent attorney and get advice on that. There is no need to wait in my opinion.
    Thank you for the info. I am aware of the "patent pending" although I am pretty sure it is only good for one year from the time you let the public view the product. That isn`t what the wait is for. When a competing product can be created it is best to have your product as finished as possible. Even then you will only have about a year or two head start. Contrary to a lot of peoples opinion, a patent really only allows you to continue producing your product as described in the application. Most products go through many additional changes, each one costing more money. It would be best to have a product as complete as possible prior to a public launch and that is what it is all about.  One thing that I forgot to mention is the part where this product changes an industry from "dirty" to "green".
    Pilotbob22/25/2008 12:21 PM
  • robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    A person may file a provisional patent application - which is essentially a placeholder and is good for one year, which means the full patent application must be filed before the provisional expires.
    Robert,
    I think there is another good reason to use the provisional method and that is to make any changes that will be necessary prior to final application.