Using online services for forming LLC

TT Posts: 1subscriber Member
Hi,
Can you please provide your feedback about using IncFile, MyCorporation for forming an LLC?  I want to make sure these are not scams and will not sell our information like Phone number, email ID, address etc?  I also wanted to know if it is OK to make use of such companies for getting EIN number as we have to give them the SSN etc.
At this early stages, I am looking to save some money by not going to regular attorneys.
Please let me know what you think and any other recommendations will be great too.
Thanks

Comments

• cristianicristiani San Diego, CAPosts: 5subscriber Member
    Hi! That's a great question. Obvious disclaimer, I recently launched a website that provides such services. Not trying to push my service just giving my advise. 

Read their Privacy Policy and their Terms of Use. Serious sites will actually tell you what they do with your info and who they share it with. A lot of info wouldn't be shared though by default as your SSN, but then again you're uploading it so ... Before processing filings myself, I used a few online services for my projects. All of them were professional but one. They bombarded me with unwanted mail and email from third parties. I don't think they exist anymore. Provided, as soon as you register in some States certain information becomes public and some shady marketers do use such public records as a mailing list of sorts.

Rule of thumb, send them an email, maybe a phone call if they are live that way. Ask questions. They are selling a service in a crowded market so the more interaction you have beyond the website, the more opportunities  for you to judge if they are professional or not.