How often do you use memes as a marketing tool?

joeybjoeyb Posts: 1subscriber Member
edited December 2 in Social Media Marketing
I've been reading some articles about using memes as marketing (non-parsed links at end of post)  and I think it makes sense that memes are a good way to market, if not possibly the best on Social Media platforms.

However, I find it hard to keep up with what's relevant and hard to find a meme that fits in with my product. I was wondering if people use memes as a go-to for marketing and if so, how do you keep up with what's trending and finding ones that work with your product? 

A few of the things i've read:
hxxps://econsultancy.com/memes-in-marketing-seven-memorable-examples-from-brands/ 
hxxps://engageinteractive.co.uk/blog/meme-marketing 
hxxps://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesagencycouncil/2018/07/19/more-than-a-trend-meme-marketing-is-here-to-stay/#359304f62487

Comments

• Mohit ChauhanMohit Chauhan Posts: 11subscriber Bronze Level Member
    A meme cannot always fit a business idea. Most of the companies that use memes as a source of marketing are related to the entertainment or advertising industry. Other businesses such as education and learning, and digital marketing firms can also use them, but when it comes to business areas such as finance or technology, the scope for using memes as a source of marketing strategy becomes very limited
  • jordanmcclurejordanmcclure Posts: 8subscriber Member

Meme is a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc., that is copied and spread rapidly by Internet users.

Memes are effective because they are:

1. Easy to Create – Usually a single image with a quick quote.
    2. Sharable – Most memes are shared via social media, which makes them easy to  like, share, repost, retweet, etc.
    3. Familiar/Relatable – Typically memes are images, quotes, or situations that are familiar to most people.
    4. Funny – Most memes lean toward humor, though they can also be heartwarming or serious.
    5. Attention Getting – Because of the above reasons, memes easily grab the attention of your followers.
    6. Branding – Memes for marketing purposes can help you brand yourself.

Using Memes as Marketing Tools

Memes as a tool of marketing can either be very specific. When you use social media as your main means of marketing, then memes become an excellent tool to connect with people. 

Using memes as part of your marketing efforts definitely can grab the attention of users, help increase your reach and help your branding efforts. It can also be a fun and exciting project for the marketing team. Memes must be planned out with your social media team in order to get the most out of it and increase chances of it going viral.