WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

how to be more efficient in business?

jermiahjohnjermiahjohn subscriber Posts: 19 Bronze Level Member
Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    ElvinElvin subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Hi jermiahjohn

It depends on what part of your business you want to make efficient.  You can section your business to different areas and try to optimize your efficiency in one area at a time.  Then do your analysis again, and make a different area more efficient.  

First I'd recommend that you define your business processes on paper.
    Second I'd suggest that you research technologies that can help organize each process.
    Finally you should create automatic workflows that would eliminate manual entry.

At the end of the day, the more things that are automatic, the more efficient the business is.  One tool that helped me a great deal is using Email Marketing (i.e Mailchimp) integrated with a CRM (i.e Pipedrive) to automate the process of converting leads to clients.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member
    Hi Jermiah John,

I would suggest you to draw a Swimlane diagram (you can google that it easily), that will identify all your processes involved for a particular job/task, including the connection with other departments.

There are 2 things we normally do to achieve efficiency and effectiveness:
    1) Introduce technology to takeover the some or entire process.
    2) Identify and eliminate the useless or non-value added activities in the process (which cost you time and money but not bring any significant result)
    Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/

• Options
    saravanansaravanan subscriber Posts: 389 Silver Level Member
    Research and choose the right business opportunity