WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Thinking of starting my own clothing line.

ErwinBernz37ErwinBernz37 subscriber Posts: 1 Member

I’m a fashion design student based in Barranquilla and I’ve been thinking of starting my own independent clothing line lately, but I’m a bit confused on where to even begin. I have my own style when it comes to designing the clothes, but I’m not really sure on what Colombian women want. I’m designing handbags and dresses for women, so I need to market my line properly and create designs that will sell, so I can earn enough to make up for my expenses. To all the fashionable Colombian ladies out there, I need some tips and insights!

Comments

• Justin evansJustin evans subscriber Posts: 69 Bronze Level Member

As a marketer i can honestly tell you to make social media you’re new best friend reach out to your audience regularly post pictures of your products and do influence marketing, offer discounts etc.

and most importantly do brand awareness educate your customers why they need to buy from you what do you have what other brands don’t. offer your customers support and interact with them to engage them with your brand.

I'm qualified Software Engineer and Marketer Performing my responsibilities with due professional care and competence. Recently I am working on projects for On Demand industry like ODTap and Cabstartup
  • Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member
    Hi Erwin,

I would like to highlight a few key points you mentioned above.
    1) You are a student
    2) You do not know how to begin
    3) You have no idea what Colombian women's want

My advice to you is to get a permanent job as a designer/salesperson/marketing personnel. The reasons are clear because you currently do not know what the market demands are or if the demands even exist (taste, preference, style, quality of product, price they willing to pay....etc).

You should get a permanent or part time job because you learn while you also get paid (most importantly, to finance expenses), unless you come from a rich family and money is always no an issue.

After 3-5 years of experience, your experience will grow and thought become more mature, then you can choose to move one step forward, which is to build your empire.

In summary, you want (hope) to do it right the right time, therefore you should only start if you are confident enough. 
    Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/

• AnduBAnduB subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! That is pretty amazing that you are thinking of starting up your own business and I disagree with others saying that you should think twice as you are student and so on. There are many opportunities nowdays, why not to try everything? I mean, if you start it now you either win or lose, nobody knows. I assume that the main problem is that it will be difficut find money. There are several opprotunities. Surely, banks will reject you, you can only try some companies as wisconsinpaydayloans-wi.com as they usually help with start ups or find investors. But be prepared to show the detailed plan if you want them to believe in your idea! Good luck!!!!
  • FrankLeeFrankLee subscriber Posts: 32 Bronze Level Member
    It is a big step so I wish you will succeed  :)
  • WilliamW123WilliamW123 subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    I too wish you a good luck
  • Noahoscar986Noahoscar986 subscriber Posts: 6 Member
    Oh wow, it is a piece of great news, good luck of your store.