WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Important things to grow a business

smithassignment1smithassignment1 subscriber Posts: 1 Member
Vision and hard working is the most important thing in a business. 

Comments

• Bruna BarbosaBruna Barbosa subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    Vision and hard work is essencial, but is necessary develop a lot of habilities and behaviors to grow.
    There is a important thing to do that most part of the people who beginning a business don't look at it: strategy and hypotheses.
    A lot of people talk about behavior, but we only can measure abstract things like "innovation, vision, working hard", if we have some metrics, feedback from clients, lessons learned, and numbers to analise and consider what we have to improve in our business and our products. That kind of information allows insights to our vision and makes our hard work more focused
  • Justin evansJustin evans subscriber Posts: 69 Bronze Level Member
    If you want to grow your business first, you need a full commitment to the work and try hard. You need to look around and work on strategies that can boost up and grow your business. Make sure that you have all the required information before proceeding to any step. Analyze the market, Get Feedback, do an online survey.  
    I'm qualified Software Engineer and Marketer Performing my responsibilities with due professional care and competence. Recently I am working on projects for On Demand industry like ODTap and Cabstartup
  • melodyspencermelodyspencer subscriber Posts: 26 Bronze Level Member
    • Get Organized. ...
    • Keep Detailed Records. ...
    • Analyze Your Competition. ...
    • Understand the Risks and Rewards. ...
    • Be Creative. ...
    • Stay Focused. ...
    • Prepare to Make Sacrifices. ...
    • Provide Great Service.
  • Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member
    I agree that "Vision and hard working is the most important thing in a business.". However, there is a gap between the two, which is strategy. You have vision (a goal) and tried hard to achieve it, but you need to develop and execute the correct strategy. Else, all your efforts may be wasted and moved into the wrong direction.
    Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/

• WilliamW123WilliamW123 subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    It's true. Vision and mission is the main  2 things we need 
  • VaccaroVaccaro subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Agreed, that vision is important and it's obvious that hard work is necessary to complete the expectations of your vision. But apart from all this, the important things you need to consider is the quality of your product and how much demand you have created for your product. Keep your approach high so that your product will go in the market vastly.
  • Sofia KazmiSofia Kazmi subscriber Posts: 20 Bronze Level Member
    Organizing your business important data is the foremost thing that you require. If you are unable to do so, then I suggest you use software to manage your accounts and cash flow.
  • Arsalan SajidArsalan Sajid subscriber Posts: 7 Member
    With enthusiasm. With help. With a plan.

That's a pretty broad question, so I'm not sure what you're looking for. So I'll just continue.

You run a business as if your life depended on it. 

Running a business is like running a marathon, except the finish line is movable. 

What's your goal? 

I recently worked with a company where the goal was to build it up enough that a competitor would want to buy it. That sort of goal doesn't interest me. 

I work with other companies with different goals. I work with people who love what they do, and in order to do it, they needed to create it themselves. 

Everyone has a different goal. 

You run a business by getting the best employees, the best contractors, the best accountants, lawyers, pr agency, etc you can find. You run a business successfully by realizing it's not a 9 to 5 job,  it's your life. 

You run a business with an open mind, with perseverance, with enough flexibility to be able to shift quickly if needed, with attention to detail, with outstanding customer service, and by building relationships with vendors, customers, competitors, and the world. 

You run a business knowing that it's a gamble, that there are no guarantees, and that it could be the most fun you've ever had.
  • Sandra YanceySandra Yancey subscriber Posts: 34 Bronze Level Member
    Flexibility, effective planning and good organizational skills are the essential components of growing your business. Here are some factors important to grow your business:
    1. Proper Organization of your tasks, what need to be done for the day, which are the priority tasks!  A simple way to organize this is by creating a list of works and check it off when done.
    2. Keeping detailed records! This provides a clear picture of where your business stands financially and what challenges will come along the way. This will help to make effective strategies to overcome those challenges.
    3. Study and learn from your competitors!
    4. Understand the risks and rewards to grow your business
    5. Always look for ways to grow your business and make it stand out from your competition.
    6. You're not going to start earning immediately. It takes time, so stay focused
    7. Prepare yourself to make sacrifices.
    8. Focus on the customer service too! If you provide better customer service, they will be more likely to visit you the next time.
    9. Maintain consistency
  • AntonSCAntonSC subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    Work smart, not hard. Think how you can accomplish your goals with minimum efforts. Learn about growth hacking. And most importantly control your risks, applies to all kinds of businesses.
  • saravanansaravanan subscriber Posts: 389 Silver Level Member
    product quality and customer service are important things for growing business.