WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

4 Considerations for Choosing the Right Tax Preparer

StartupNationStartupNation administrator Posts: 625 Site Admin

image4 Considerations for Choosing the Right Tax Preparer

By not properly vetting a tax preparer, you risk putting yourself and your business in hot water with the IRS if something is filed incorrectly.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Olivia WillsOlivia Wills subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2018
    When choosing a tax preparer, I believe in the strength of 5-star reviews, word-of mouth referrals and a strong online presence (good website, professional LinkedIn, updated social media, etc.) Choosing the right tax pro is important. With the new tax law in place, it's critical that your pro is up to date with changes. Honestly, when picking any professional whether it be a tax preparer, doctor or dentist, I always trust customer reviews because you get to hear how their experience was. There are different websites that allow you to match with a tax pro that fits your needs. That is actually how I found mine. I went on TaxBuzz to filter through tax pros to see what their strengths are and read through all their reviews before choosing them.