WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Seeking Interviewees

Hi all,

I know that many of you are incredibly busy individuals - acting as founders in start-ups and tackling the challenges that comes with this - but I am hoping that a few of you may read through this post before dismissing it out of hand.

I am a current MBA student undertaking research into start-up founders specifically - the people behind the ideas. Often we read about the great successes - the Steve Jobs through a rose-tinted lens after things work out. But it is clear from the research that there is little out there about what these people need to translate these ideas into reality. There are plenty of 'top ten' lists of skills, networks, organisational structures, financial arrangements etc. but what I am seeking is insight into both actual practice needs of founders - what is missing or unavailable or particularly difficult to access and also the deep insights into the personal cost of undertaking the challenging road of a start-up founder.

To do this I am seeking volunteers to conduct interviews with to discuss these ideas with. In the age of big data research appears to be more quantitative than qualitative - my intent with personal interviews is to break through this barrier. The intent would be to conduct an interview at your convenience by whatever means best suits you and I will appreciate any time that you could spare.

Thank your support with this initiative and I hope to hear from some of you soon.

Rachel

Comments