BRAND NEW: Check out StartupNation's FREE e-book guide to technology and web!

Why I Quit My Job to Launch a Startup, Failed and Would Do it All Again

StartupNationStartupNation Posts: 187administrator Site Admin

imageWhy I Quit My Job to Launch a Startup, Failed and Would Do it All Again

My plan was to launch a startup and make a load of cash. Here’s how the past 12 months unfolded, along with five big lessons I learned along the way.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Kyle GantzerKyle Gantzer Posts: 1contributor Contributor
    Really excellent piece, Liam. Your point about stop loss is SO important. Startups are started on a hope and a prayer and so for many founders the calculation to quit can seem like giving up on hope (a much more profound decision than a simple stop loss). I would love to read more of your thoughts -- especially about how you would do things differently if you were to make the leap again.
  • Liam KellyLiam Kelly Posts: 1subscriber Member
    Excellent post with lots of fantastic advice for aspiring entrepreneurs.
  • Liam SmithLiam Smith Posts: 3contributor Contributor
    edited March 6

I would love to read more of your thoughts -- especially about how you would do things differently if you were to make the leap again.

Thanks Kyle :) I'm in the process of living the sequel! The main thing I'm planning to do differently is to maintain a fairly regular income to live on and invest in my future, and use what I can afford to explore and test entrepreneurial pursuits - outsourcing as much as makes sense to avoid burning out.
    edited March 6

Excellent post with lots of fantastic advice for aspiring entrepreneurs.

Thanks Liam!
  • nmecknmeck Posts: 1subscriber Member
    Excellent post Liam i'd be keen to know what forum you found?
    edited March 7

nmeck said:

Excellent post Liam i'd be keen to know what forum you found?

Thanks nmeck. In reality, there was a number of forums, books, websites and Facebook groups. If I had to pick two, I'd recommend the Warrior Forum (http://www.warriorforum.com/) - it's great for internet marketing newbies and has loads of people ready to lend a hand - and Russell Brunson's Expert Secrets book for an awesome perspective on branding, marketing and storytelling.