WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Where do start ups go for funding?

psnyderpsnyder subscriber Posts: 1 Member
I am a business loan consultant and people contact me on a daily basis wanting a loan for a business that does not meet our sales volume requirements.  Is there any place that I can refer them to? I do not like turning them down and would like to help them if I can.  Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

Answers

• pandeyxshreyapandeyxshreya subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    It is not just startups that require funding. Even huge companies need resources and hence needs fund. I dont have any links or references to as to where you can find sponsors but i think you should just ask them to search for sponsors somewhere instead of taking a loan from a bank.
    This way atleast they'll save on the interest rates over here!
  • GiGi subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    Nichesation has at 50 different sources that provide grants and competitions for cash awards to fund start up businesses, I used it last year to find funding for my social project to clean up allies in my neighborhood.
  • Wes GrahamWes Graham subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    Hello Psnyder, that is great you are a business loan consultant and you want to take care of your clients so much you seek sources that will be successful for in advising them. Good news, you can earn an income doing so too. There is a loan that fits your clients situation exactly, if they have even zero revenue, can be a yet to start up, startup, and they have an income of minimum $35,000 yearly, employed in at least the last six months, can provide recent pay stubs, or if business is doing $35,000, recent tax returns, and or deposits for last 6 months, minimum credit score is just 660. Credit utilization needs to be at or bellow %45, a loan can be attained to pay down to such credit utilization in order to qualify. There are no upfront fees, and fees and repayment of pay down can come out of financing attained. This is an unsecured business bundle of high limit credit cards and can also be personal credit cards combined. I am not sure of the rules here in this community, but if you can contact me, or I can contact you, I will connect you and you will be able to make money providing this and other financings. Rates are from %9-%25 usually %12, zero interest for up to 24 months, cash available, revolving, used for any purpose, can attain 3-5 times greater limits with this source rather than them doing so elsewhere or on their own. Fees only for success. Reports only on business credit reports for most business credit cards, some on personal credit which I would avoid, requires a personal guarantee. Can use credit partners to increase loan amounts, or solely. Loans are $10K -%300K. Builds business credit, stepping stone for future financing. Try to contact me if you can. 
  • manuyadavmanuyadav subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    There are some of great funding companies who allow fundings to possible startups.

• manuyadavmanuyadav subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    I cannot link right now or else i would have shared the link of that website that has the name of all the funding companies name in it.
  • Mohit ChauhanMohit Chauhan subscriber Posts: 23 Bronze Level Member
    edited January 2019
    There are several different ways through which a start-up can gather funding. Some of them include:
    1. Crowd-funding: Crowd-funding is one of the most popular options when it comes to financing any particular start-up. All an entrepreneur has to do is put forth his/her potential business plan on the crowd-funding platform. Over there, investors can see the future goals of the company, strategies, etc., and if they see a potential for profit, they can decide to fund the start-up
    2.Funding by venture capitals: Venture capitals are professionally managed funds that are directed at companies with high potentials. In a way, venture capitalists act as mentors to young entrepreneurs and provide technical as well as managerial skill, apart from providing financial support
    3) Business loans: In the case of small-scale start-ups that do not require massive fundings, an entrepreneur can avail a business loan. This business loan is in the form of an unsecured personal loan that an entrepreneur with limited resources can take without having to mortgage any collateral against it. There are several banks as well as other financial institutes that provide such business loans for budding entrepreneurs.
    4) Government programmes:  Government all across the world have funding programmes for emerging start-ups within the region. This is especially true for developing nations like India, China, Africa, etc. For instance, in India, the Pradhan Mantri Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency Limited (MUDRA) plans to benefit a total of 200 SMEs within the next five years. Such programmes are great opportunities for start-ups to source funding and improve their existing infrastructure.
  • Kevonia MaysKevonia Mays subscriber Posts: 21 Bronze Level Member
    @Mohit Chauhan so for crowdfunding, we have to put our whole business plan on it? 
  • Justin evansJustin evans subscriber Posts: 69 Bronze Level Member
    A multitude of factors is responsible for making it successful. Early stage investors and experienced founders can lead a business towards success, and reduce operational risks by proper planning of the project.
    Look towards government grants as well. One of the most unbelievable trends of the last few decades has been the decreasing cost to start a business. It is particularly true for technology businesses, but I think it applies to many other industries as well.
    mobinspire.com/blogs/how-to-raise-funding-for-your-startup/

I'm qualified Software Engineer and Marketer Performing my responsibilities with due professional care and competence. Recently I am working on projects for On Demand industry like ODTap and Cabstartup
  • zeeshan malikzeeshan malik subscriber Posts: 3 Member

i am also looking for answer of the same question

• Stephannie BakerStephannie Baker subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member

I have used crunch base for reaching out to investor for my business they have huge data base.

• Anthony StartUPsAnthony StartUPs subscriber Posts: 1 Member

I am privately looking for intending loan seekers looking for startups, agents and management experts who will be willing to act as investment portfolio holders and administrators. I can also invest in project. I wish to re-invest this fund by putting it into the management of private businessmen and corporations with good business ideas that can generate at least 9% ROI per annum over maximum of 5 years duration. The fund will be disbursed based on a clear loan of 4.5% interest rate per annum for 5 years renewable tenure. All sign-up contracts, briefings and investment portfolio management files will be handled in a designated venue. For further details contact me directly at anthonyvanloon60@gmail.com

• Lewis-HLewis-H subscriber Posts: 27 Bronze Level Member

If you can't fund your business on your own, try getting a loan or line of credit from your local bank. You could always ask your friends and family for help. Venture capitalists, angel investors, strategic partners, and crowdfunding platforms are also great options to consider.

• praveen_mishrapraveen_mishra subscriber Posts: 2 Member

I am really liking this thread! Thanks a lot.

• Emily MorganEmily Morgan subscriber Posts: 3 Member

I have asked financial experts at Fit My Money blog, for some insights on the matter and they said that most small businesses vanish in the first year because they lack financing. Financial experts also claim that personal loans are the most common go-to solution for starting small businessmen and entrepreneurs of all kinds. If you want to build a lucrative business, you have to think the financial aspect through because you’ll need money for equipment and to pay the workers. And a personal loan has proved to be a good tool for those expenditure items.

• godsonchuksgodsonchuks subscriber Posts: 1 Member

The mistake that most business owners make is that, they try to get a single business loan to finance all their business operation.

Yes, this works sometimes, but not so effective!

Plus, there's the possibility of you getting turned down again, and again, and again by lenders!

The best solution for startups is to get business loans to finance different aspects of their business.

For example, you can choose to get an equipment loan to finance only equipment purchase for the business. And by equipment I mean, fax machines, printers, heavy duty trucks, vehicles, machinery and so on.

And the best part of this is that the equipment which the loan was taken to purchase is what is used as the collateral for the loan. Therefore, there's no future risk of debt imposed on the small business owner.

IN FACT: Some equipment loans last up 10 years, which gives the business owner enough time to pay back the debt.

It doesn't just stop at EQUIPMENT FINANCING.

You can also take up loans to finance your business working capital, get financing on slow-paying invoices, and so on!

And with the latest PPP and EIDL programs by the United States government under the SBA,you can even get lenders to forgive you of your loan debt.