WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Business that can realistically and consistently scale to 1.5 million a year: what should I avoid?

BZBZ subscriber Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2018 in Selecting a Business
Just starting off, I don't have a million yett (on the bright side I haven't cracked 30)! I'd figure the capital requirements for the following would be so intense you'd either have to know someone you could borrow a million like nothing or have millions yourself:

1. Gold/Precious Metals Brokerage
2. Paper Wholesaler
3. Options Brokerage
4. Custom Costume Franchise

What else should I avoid?

What should I not avoid?

I've toyed with the idea of going back to school and getting a Ph.D in history or Master's in Finance, but when I broke it down realized it probably wouldn't be worth unless I knew someone that worked at good hedge fund/head of big 4 or would be content with the possibility of a lower middle class salary of a professor, irrespective of intelligence and indelible work ethic; there's just too much competition to make the cost esp. of time worth it.

Let me know what you think in the comments below.