Feedback needed - pitch deck design course

wagsterwagster Posts: 2subscriber Member
I have designed over 100 pitch decks for startups pitching for funding, from one-man bands looking for angel investors through to established SMEs looking for series B/C venture capital investment. I'm considering running a course on how to design a really slick and professional pitch.

I'd cover storytelling, structure, branding, typography, use of imagery, information layout, presenting the problem/solution, competitors, market share, forecasting and a whole lot more - basically everything I have ever learned about how to design pitch decks, in a fairly simple "this is how you do it" format.

Before I start writing the course I would like to know a few things. Is this something you would be prepared to pay for (I'm thinking of pricing around $100 -$200)? What topics would you be most interested in? What is the most difficult thing you have found about putting together a pitch or designing the presentation to go with it?

Any and all feedback welcome. Thx :)

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness Birmingham, Mich. Posts: 1,011administrator Site Admin
    edited January 2018
    Very cool idea, @wagster

If it we're me, I personally wouldn't want to pay more than $99 or so. The challenge is that there are a lot of free tools, e-books (we have one on pitch decks at StartupNation) and individuals that people can tap into to save money. Your course not only has to solve a problem, but has to have something different than any of those aforementioned tools. 

I think what a lot of people may struggle with when building pitch decks is the organization and structure -- making sure you cover everything, it flows well and it's aesthetically pleasing. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • wagsterwagster Posts: 2subscriber Member
    edited January 2018
    Thanks @"Ryan O'Bleness" , that's very helpful. I was going to start with structure and storytelling - also covering presenting skills. I think the only thing I can offer that you can't find anywhere else in various forms is to do an and-to-end taught course that covers absolutely everything!