WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

3 Tips For Vegan Entrepreneurs To Eat Healthy While Traveling

Andre BrownAndre Brown subscriber Posts: 55 Bronze Level Member

Hello everyone happy Wednesday, I hope you all had a great Christmas holiday with your family and friends. I ate a lot of tasty foods and even tried some dishes I never had before! What kind of foods did you have? Anyway the main topic of this video is how the vegan entrepreneur can eat healthy when traveling for business or pleasure. To be honest there isn't a lot of useful information out there that caters to you when it comes to dining healthy as a vegan.

This article will address these issues while giving you a few options to choose when you're out of town. A good tip is to plan before you go on your trip. Buy some food that is non-perishable to take with you. This provides a couple of benefits, first off you save money by taking your own food with you. Second you have complete choice on how you want your meals to be prepared.

If you like to workout consider buying a plant-based protein powder (Veggie Elite by MRM is a good one to use. Here's the link if you're interested in knowing more:https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mrm/veggie-elite.html. Two servings of this will give you 48grams of protein which is a good portion of your intake for the day. If you are at the airport you have to be a bit more strategic. Not all airports will have these, so did your research to see if the airport you're flying into has these options.

Good restaurants to be on the lookout for are Mexican, Asian, Mediterranean, and Middle Eastern. These types of restaurants tend to have items on their menus that are vegan based. This will allow you to find the foods you like or to try something different if you want. Look up vegan restaurants in the area you will be traveling to in advance. This will prevent you from having to waste time trying to find one when you reach your destination.

You can research different restaurants and then find the one you want to dine in. Make a note of the local cuisine of whatever city you stay in. This is very important to do just in case your are allergic to a particular ingredient. You can ask your server to make accommodations to suit your needs. In order to have the best dining experience while traveling look at reviews of the restaurant you want to eat at.

This will give you a good idea of what to expect. By following the tips above you are sure to have the best experience dining while traveling on your business ventures. I went to Charlotte, North Carolina recently with a bunch of friends to a great restaurant. When the waiter came to our table one of my friends asked him what kind of food do you have for vegetarians? He explained the available options and my friend just couldn't decide what she wanted.

I told her to research the menu before we got there, she ended up talking to him for 10 minutes before she finally made a decision! She ended up getting the mushroom and broccoli pizza. This is why it's important to prepare ahead of time so can you have an idea of what you want before you go out.

A good tip is to have 2 to 3 options of what you want to eat once you get to the restaurant. A good quote for this is to "Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer." I hope you enjoyed this article that you can start using as early as today. If you can always refer to this article if you need a refresher. Let me know how this article has impacted you and leave a comment below. 

Comments

• jjackevansjjackevans subscriber Posts: 64 Bronze Level Member
    edited November 2019

Quite interesting post. I think nowadays it is not a problem. Many hotels, restaurants offer special menu for vegans. Just pay attention on this before trip. Also you can tell this in travel agency. As for me I like traveling very much! Now I want to travel Kiev, it is a capital of Ukraine. I read many about this country, their history and traditions! Also I saw photos from Kiev and they are great! Do you know something about this country? Maybe someone of you have been there?

• megjonesmegjones subscriber Posts: 27 Bronze Level Member

Nowadays It is quite easy to find vegan restaurant all over the world, As more people are getting aware about the benefits of eating vegan food and its highly adapted by the people all over the world. And your article has give the detailed information about it, Thank you so much for sharing.