WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Similarities Of Having A Plan For Your Business And Fitness

Andre BrownAndre Brown subscriber Posts: 55 Bronze Level Member

Hello everyone happy Thursday, I hope your week has been great so far and today the point of the article is to address a few similarities of having a plan for your business and fitness. It's important to have a plan in place if you want to succeed. If you don't have a plan you will only end up guessing what your next move will be and the end result is a lot of frustration and wasted time. This will help you know what direction you want to go and give you a clear road map of getting there.

It will also take out a lot of the guesswork when it comes to making decisions. Be realistic in what your goals are and don't set the bar too high at first. You want to make sure you have goals that you know you can achieve in a reasonable amount of time. For example lets say you want to make more money in 2018. If you are in your first year of business don't expect to make millions of dollars.

It's possible if you have a great idea, but don't expect to make that much. If you have that mindset you will be very disappointed if you don't reach your goal. Instead try to think more realistically with the funds you do have and do what you can do to bring in additional revenue. For you it might be to make an extra $5000 a month or $30,000 whatever you feel you can achieve within your means or if you need extra help to accomplish this. Likewise when it comes to fitness and you want to put on some size, don't expect to build 30 pounds of muscle in 2 months. It's just not going to happen regardless of what someone tells you.

A much more reasonable goal is to aim to put on 5lbs of lean muscle in the next month. This is easily achievable and it can be done by having a consistent exercise routine and keeping your nutrition in check. Please don't try to set expectations if you aren't fully confident that will reach them, it's a big blow to your confidence and this can cause you to give up. Before you write down your plan know what you're trying to achieve in the first place. Make sure you have the steps laid out on how you will reach your goal.

Figure out how long it will take you to get where you want to be as well as if you need to make changes along the way. Yes it's time consuming to write everything down, however it will save you a lot of stress in the long run while allowing you to make progress with great precision. The benefit of this is by writing down your goals is you can look at them everyday to make sure you stay on track. Another useful tip is to check off tasks once you accomplish them. This will give you the satisfaction of knowing you've completed something that is going to help you improve yourself.

Perhaps the most important thing of all is to always stay focused. Without this you will not be able to work at your full potential. Eliminate any distractions that get in the way of your goals. The same goes for doing things that are irrelevant to what you are trying to achieve. By staying completely focused you will be able to devote your energy most efficiently in order to reach the success you want.

Nothing will get in your way and you will be sure to make the most use of your time. Get rid of any negative thoughts that you may have like "It's too hard or "I can't do this out of your head. How you think will have a big impact on your success and whether you achieve your goals or not. Try to maintain a positive state of mind at all times to ensure you are working with a purpose. A good quote to remember is "A goal without a plan is just a wish" If you are not sure about how you will achieve your goals.

I admit for the majority of my life I never had a plan. I would just go with the flow and do what I thought was best. I never achieved anything meaningful because I didn't have a clear idea of what I needed to do to move forward.

It was only when I started having a plan in mind did I achieve the goals I wanted to accomplish. I hope you got something out this article that you can start applying today and remember to always plan what you want to achieve. This will set you up for success in whatever endeavors you decide to embark on.

Comments