WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Anyone ever do consumer electronic prototyping?

fit4lyffit4lyf subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2007 in Developing Your Invention
Hello,

I am new to the forum.  I would like to find a company that can help create and design a finished prototype for a new spin on consumer electronics.  It is basically using already existing technology (cd player, tuner, speakers, inputs, etc) but in a totally new form.  Having trouble findoing someone that can help with a finished prototype.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Chad
fit4lyf

Comments

• txbassguytxbassguy subscriber Posts: 0
    how much are you willing to pay for a finished prototype. you can probably do a lot of the work yourself, make 3d models on a computer, artistic sketches. consumer electronic prototyping is not cheap. you`ll probably need an industrial designer, mechanical designer, and possibly and electrical engineer or technician. i`ve done this type of prototyping before and even taking existing technology and putting it in a new form is not `easy`. good luck though.