WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How Entrepreneurs Can Get The Highest ROI From Exercise

Andre BrownAndre Brown subscriber Posts: 55 Bronze Level Member

Happy Thursday everyone, I hope you are all having a good work week so far. This time I am going to be talking about an issue that many entrepreneurs face which is finding time to fit exercise into their busy workday. With so many thing going on from business meetings, working on projects and the like it can be hard to find enough time to fit in a workout session even though it's good for your health. The benefits of working out are increased mental focus, energy, as well as productivity. The common question many of you have is how can I find time to exercise without compromising my schedule?

In this article I will explain in detail on how you can accomplish this while still getting all the tasks you need to get done during the day. You will be able to implement these tips today and if you stay consistent you will see the results you want by devoting only 20-60 minutes a day to your new routine. You want to find a way to get and stay healthy while devoting the least amount of time with the highest ROI on your part. By implementing the tips I explain below, you will be able to set yourself up for success. The first tip is to take small steps toward your goal.

Take it slow when you are adjusting to a new routine. This will give your body time to adapt and eventually it will become second nature. If you try to jump headfirst by doing everything at once, you risk getting overwhelmed which can cause you to end up back at square one. Identify what works for you so you'll be able to make progress for the long-term. You can figure this out by sitting down with a pencil and a piece of paper and write down what you will realistically be able to accomplish depending on your schedule.

It may take a little brainstorming to figure out what approach works specifically for you. Be sure to have a block of free time so that you can focus on this and write down any ideas that come to surface. Another way is to make exercise a part of your lifestyle. You can slowly integrate it into your workday by making a commitment to do an activity that will benefit your health. Find out what you like to do by trying out different activities and see how you feel after doing them.

It doesn't always have to be strength training, if you don't want to do that you can do something simple such as walking or riding a bike. If you like sports this can be really fun since you can meet other individuals who share similar interests. This will keep you more motivated to keep exercising because you have a team who will give you support and bring you up. Start to identify your major time debts, these are activities that aren't the most important and be put aside for later after you exercise. So whether that is looking at articles on CNN, coming up with a status post on Facebook or whatever else that doesn't immediately align with your goals.

If you can, have someone else do these tasks for you so you don't have to waste time on them. Creating a base schedule will hold you accountable for when you are supposed to exercise. Write down everything that you do during the day, including what time you start a task and what time you finish it. If there are any blocks of free time when you are not doing anything, dedicate this time even if it is 10-20 minutes to do something that will give you a break from work. Try to do this activity at the same time everyday no matter what and stick to it.

Even if you don't feel like doing it do it anyway, trust me after the first 10 minutes you will be in the zone and enjoying the exercise. A couple of exercises you can start doing when you don't have a lot of time is calisthenics. Do a few sets of lunges, push ups, and burpees near your desk or at the gym if you have one on site. The benefits of these exercises are that you they can be done quickly when you're crunched for time and aren't too strenuous on the body. If you have more free time include some strength training in your routine a few days a week followed by 10-20 minutes of cardio afterward.

This will give you a boost in mood and energy which will increase your thinking and productivity along with helping you come up with new ideas as well as transforming your physique. The most important thing is to make automatic time investments so you can stay on track in order to be successful with this. The amount of time you put in is what you will get out of it. To ensure that you see the results you are looking for, write down a schedule to do these activities and what times and days to do them. This will help you stay consistent so you can reach your goals.

You can see big ROI by dedicating at least an hour a day maximum( which is only about 4% of your day) towards exercising and over time you are going to see results. If you do this for a month or two you will start to see changes in the way you think and behave. You will be more calm, less stressed, and be able to enjoy life by finding balance. I remember when I first tried to find a way to do this in order to make the maximum use of my time. I looked up videos and read articles about how I could fit working out into my busy workday and eventually I was able to come up with a solution that worked for me.

Today I'm healthier and happier than ever because I used the tips above to improve my life. It didn't happen overnight, I had to stay consistent by setting aside time every single day no matter how I felt and it payed off. I promise that if you do the same you will experience the same results in a similar amount of time.

Before I leave, I want you to remember this quote when your mind tries to psych you out from going to exercise, "Someone that is busier than you is working out right now." Let me know how this article has impacted you and leave a comment below. Feel free to join my community(The Jawann Fitness Exercise & Health Community on Facebook) if you want even more tips and also checkout my page on Facebook Jawann Fitness for motivational posts, articles and videos.

Comments