My Web Development Portfolio

tonytautonytau ChicagoPosts: 13subscriber Bronze Level Member
I have been building applications for over 10 years now since the age of 15. I put together this page to find clients. Viewing this through the eyes of someone who needs a web application built. What do you like, and especially what do you dislike about my portfolio page?

www.tonytau.com

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness Birmingham, Mich. Posts: 990administrator Site Admin
    edited October 2017
    Hello @tonytau

Here is clickable link to your website: (you can drop links once you hit 10 posts): 
    www.tonytau.com

Like:
    • The effects: sliding information on your track record and images/copy 
    • The projects section that shows off your talents 
    • Color scheme
    • Twitter button 
    What could use improvement: 
    • Images seem large. You could shrink the image at the top to bring more content "above the fold." 
    • Some of the images also look a bit grainy, such as the picture of your family and the coding screenshot. 
    • I don't see a pricing page. As a customer I would understand those are just estimates, but when I don't see pricing info at all I assume you are too expensive for me. 
    • If you have other social accounts (Facebook, Instagram, etc). I would add those buttons. 
    A very nice site overall. Welcome to the community, Tony! 

Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • CarlbrewsterCarlbrewster Posts: 160subscriber Silver Level Member
    It's a good one-page website but you can you showcase more pages on your website which will definitely give more SEO advantage to target keywords. 
  • BestOffrBestOffr New YorkPosts: 7subscriber Member
    Hi @tonytau,

I like that the site is simple and clean. I would add a section that lists the technologies that you specialize in.

I agree with building your social followings.

Good luck.
  • tonytautonytau ChicagoPosts: 13subscriber Bronze Level Member
    Thanks for the valuable criticism guys! I really appreciate that you took the time to respond!

@"Ryan O'Bleness" The "above the fold" comment makes a lot of sense. I felt like something seemed off and that is definitely what it was.

@Carlbrewster Going to start vlogging and adding the transcripts w the video as blog posts.

@BestOffr That is pretty silly of me to leave out what technologies that I use.

Thanks Guys!