Low Cost Website Promotion Tools

yourNAMEinDotComyourNAMEinDotCom Posts: 17subscriber
edited March 2007 in Marketing
Hello folks,I am trying to come up a with an exhaustive, complete list of no-cost website promotion tools. By "no-cost" I mean stuff that can be done by the individual website owner and at most would require his/her time - not that your time isn`t valuable, of course. Anyway, so far I have:Press releasesBlogsForaPodcastsE-newsletterDid I leave out anything?Aleem

Comments

• ChuckChuck Posts: 6subscriber
    I suppose you could technically do those things at little to no cost, the question comes back to how effective they`ll be with no-cost solutions?
  • PokermanPokerman Posts: 5subscriber
    I believe Wikipedia also makes ZERO profit.  Value in regards to a free service means that they "don`t waste your time".  Value at a for profit site means something totally different.
  • HeavenOnEarthHeavenOnEarth Posts: 0subscriber
    How about website optimization?  If you`re not familiar with this, it is the process of optimizing your site so that search engines can catalog and use it better.  This way, when people do a search for something on the web using google or yahoo, you pop up.  People use search engines constantly to find what they are looking for on the net.  If you`re not in the search engines, or you are not in there very well, than you`re not getting the most out of your website.  The main components to optimizing your site has to do with meta tags (which is apart of the code---which is what search engines read!)  Go to this website... it was very helpful to me: www.SelfPromotion.com.You can also Google "website search optimization" and get lots and lots of good information about it!  This I think is probably the most valuable tool to drving high quality to your site above anything else---more important than doing advertising... and it`s free!!! But it takes a lot of time!!!  Have fun!Teah
  • yourNAMEinDotComyourNAMEinDotCom Posts: 17subscriber
    Hi guys,Thanks for your responses. I`m really solely trying to come up with a list for now.Thanks again for any other ideas,AleemP.S.That doesn`t mean I don`t want to hear your opinions. I am just petrified at the idea of this thread becoming a discussion on effectiveness of different methods alone, and at the end of the day, I don`t have my list. I had only seen the first two posts when I wrote the top part, so thank you very much to the great people who posted thereafter and to those who will follow. yourNAMEinDotCom2007-3-6 14:40:49
  • AddassaMariAddassaMari Posts: 2subscriber
    Socal Networking.  I know of  three that are free to join, In fact I belong to them.  With direct matches I currently have over 400 direct contacts linked to over 500,000 other people.  At adlandpro,  I can advertise to over 40,000 people. These are growing communities.  I just signed up with the third so I am not sure of the population.  Instant Buzz, well your ads will get a lot of exposure. Did I mention they are all free.  Free is Good!!
    www.directmatches.com/gail</A>
    http://community.adlandpro.com/go/nuyou/</A>
    http://www.bigdaddypays.com/adassamari</A>
    http://www.InstantBuzz.com/r/?gail42</A>
    How about social bookmarking like www.delicious.com</A>

• ruzzmanruzzman Posts: 0subscriber
    Consider adding to your list-
    Usfreeads.com
    Craigslist.com
    Both have huge followings and are loved by the search engines.
    Thanks for those responses.On the issue of do-it-yourself, I see your point. I really don`t want to argue the for of this but there are services like quick podcast that could make some of these tasks professionally do-able on your own. Then there are some highly multi-talented people but even so, you could be right. Trying to do all these things yourself might be stretching yourself too thin but maybe that`s another thread. For now, I`m trying to stick to the list. Thanks,Aleem
  • ImagingBuffetImagingBuffet Posts: 0subscriber
    Hello folks,I am trying to come up a with an exhaustive, complete list of no-cost website promotion tools. By "no-cost" I mean stuff that can be done by the individual website owner and at most would require his/her time - not that your time isn`t valuable, of course.

-snip-
    Aleem

Hi Aleem:

How about free consulting? Maybe a 5 minute free consulting session via phone for those who fill out a form (like a survey). Then you could point out your company`s strengths and possibly charge for further consulting. Hope that helps!Andrew Darlow
    Andrew,I like that one a lot because even if the prospect doesn`t become your customer, you`d have received some free market research.Brilliant!Thanks.
  • lindapret88lindapret88 Posts: 0subscriber
  • ridofastuffynoseridofastuffynose Posts: 0subscriber
    You can also Google "website search optimization" and get lots and lots of good information about it!