WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Remuneration Distribution

YanezYanez subscriber Posts: 3 Member
Hello everyone,

Just registered so hello to everyone. I have a small project with decent success just starting up. This is the context:

Technically its three founders, all equal. However, legally the company is 100% mine. Out of the three, i work full time somewhere else and am in charge of accounting, legality and pretty much having the company legally and financially well, mix of human resources, accounting and daily administration. The other two members work full time.

My question is, does anyone have any ideas how to preliminary distribute remunerations? In percentage, it would be ideal (of profit). I was preliminary (and with no basis) considering 15% me, 25% others and the rest for the company itself. After the company has enough savings to run three months (rent, other costs), everything over that amount would be distributed evenly amongst the three members.

Do you guys have experience with other models? Would love to hear it.

Thank you

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited October 2017
    Welcome to the community, @Yanez

Unfortunately, I cannot provide much advice here because I don't have any experience with this model, but I am sure somebody in the community does. 

Though I would say if you are the legal owner of the company, and you are handling more tasks and taking on more responsibilities for the company, you should get the biggest cut of the profits. If the work is even between all three of you, then perhaps the model you listed would work just fine. Just don't sell yourself short. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • YanezYanez subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you for the response. Yeah, I handle administration, finance and somewhat human resources. The other two are full time. Let's see if I can get more opinions but yours is very much appreciated.
  • saravanansaravanan subscriber Posts: 389 Silver Level Member