WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Bouncing ideas off yourself only gets you so far. ←

dlmillidlmilli subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
Great article about the importance of finding a mentor for entrepreneurs and freelancers. It can get pretty lonely going it along.
greetly.com/blog/bouncing-ideas-off-yourself-only-gets-you-so-far

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited October 2017
    HI, @dlmilli

Here is a clickable link to the blog post (note that you must reach 10 posts before you can post links): 
    http://www.greetly.com/blog/bouncing-ideas-off-yourself-only-gets-you-so-far

Interesting takes here. Have you used a mentor for your business? 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • dlmillidlmilli subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    > @"Ryan O'Bleness" said:
    > HI, @dlmilli. 
    >
    > Interesting takes here. Have you used a mentor for your business? 

@"Ryan O'Bleness" I am fortunate enough to have a strong mentor. Luckily my high school buddy broke out on his own long before I did and has served me well on many fronts. I speak to him every other week or so. We often start focused within his functional specialty, and then exploring my hopes and challenges more broadly as the conversation goes on.
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited October 2017
    That's great. It helps to be able to have somebody to lean on while running a business. A person who has gone through the same struggles and already has solutions to potential problems is surely invaluable. 

I don't think mentors are vital to the success of a startup, but they definitely may give a leg up to the companies that have them.  
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC