Bouncing ideas off yourself only gets you so far. ←

dlmillidlmilli Chicago, ILPosts: 9subscriber Member
Great article about the importance of finding a mentor for entrepreneurs and freelancers. It can get pretty lonely going it along.
greetly.com/blog/bouncing-ideas-off-yourself-only-gets-you-so-far

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness Birmingham, Mich. Posts: 751administrator Site Admin
    edited October 11
    HI, @dlmilli

Here is a clickable link to the blog post (note that you must reach 10 posts before you can post links): 
    http://www.greetly.com/blog/bouncing-ideas-off-yourself-only-gets-you-so-far

Interesting takes here. Have you used a mentor for your business? 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Moderator
    StartupNation, LLC
  • dlmillidlmilli Chicago, ILPosts: 9subscriber Member
    > @"Ryan O'Bleness" said:
    > HI, @dlmilli. 
    >
    > Interesting takes here. Have you used a mentor for your business? 

@"Ryan O'Bleness" I am fortunate enough to have a strong mentor. Luckily my high school buddy broke out on his own long before I did and has served me well on many fronts. I speak to him every other week or so. We often start focused within his functional specialty, and then exploring my hopes and challenges more broadly as the conversation goes on.
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness Birmingham, Mich. Posts: 751administrator Site Admin
    edited October 11
    That's great. It helps to be able to have somebody to lean on while running a business. A person who has gone through the same struggles and already has solutions to potential problems is surely invaluable. 

I don't think mentors are vital to the success of a startup, but they definitely may give a leg up to the companies that have them.  
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Moderator
    StartupNation, LLC