WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

4 Ways Your Business Name Impacts Your Bottom Line

StartupNationStartupNation administrator Posts: 625 Site Admin

image4 Ways Your Business Name Impacts Your Bottom Line

You too can harness a great business name to start your business off on the right foot in order to grow more efficiently.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CJespersenCJespersen subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2017
    Excellent article.

One thing I might add. When people brainstorm ideas for names, I encourage people to think their name as a verb as well.

Example: "You google something online". "Facebook me".

Although these are the giants, smaller companies can do it themselves.

I do it for my (half- English half Danish) company name, Studiebooster. To boost your CV while your study.

Not only that. If you follow the book, you are a Studiebooster, and what you do, is to studiebooste.

This way you implement your company name in people's vocabulary, which really is the top of a mind, because it is a buzz-word that means something.

I highly recommend The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing, as it explained excellent here in the make your own category.
  • Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    I am glad you enjoyed the article @CJespersen

Also, great recommendations. If you're able to make your company name synonymous with an action (verb) then you are definitely doing something right. However, in my opinion that is easier said than done, and will take a lot of branding and positioning.  
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    Mr. TooheyMr. Toohey subscriber Posts: 7 Member
    This is awesome and couldn't be more true.
  • Options
    damponting44damponting44 subscriber Posts: 34 Bronze Level Member
    4 Ways Your Business Name Impacts Your Bottom Line
    Connect with a customer
    Remain top of mind
    Encourage referrals
    Brings in better talent