WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How To Make Time For Exercise As An Entrepreneur

Andre BrownAndre Brown subscriber Posts: 55 Bronze Level Member
This article is for entrepreneurs that have lot on their plates by building and expanding their businesses but don't have a lot of time to workout. This lifestyle is very hectic with constant traveling, long nights, and time spent coming up with the best ways to set themselves up for success. Well I have a way that can help you make time for exercise no matter how many hours you work each day. It's about making the time for the things that you're interested in while keeping everything in balance. Don't try to do all of these things at once or think that you have to spend 2 hours in the gym.

You can make simple changes such as walking during your lunch break or doing jumping jacks when you're at home. Now lets put this plan into action. A lot of people that have hectic schedules think that can't make the time to exercise because it will distract them from their goals. But this certainly isn't true, in fact by incorporating exercise into your schedule you may find yourself being more productive and focused on your goals. When I started my company I was worried about if I would have enough time to workout.

I thought it would be impossible to try to build my business and exercise at the same time.
But exercise actually helped me get more stuff done through the course of the day. It give me a sense of well being, more energy, and drive, which made me think if I can accomplish exercising then I can accomplish anything else that I set my mind to. The step into putting this plan into action is make the commitment to start walking whenever you have free time.

Walking has been proven to encourage creative thinking if it is shorter than 30 minutes which may help you come up with new ideas. The next thing is to get a notepad or journal to write the times that you walk everyday in order to hold yourself accountable. It's been shown that if we write things down we're more likely to do them consistently. You can also do some push ups or jumping jacks during breaks if you want to get the blood flowing if you have been sitting for a long time. If you want to include weightlifting into your day, find blocks of time when you're free and set these up for workout sessions only.

Even if you can only workout for 20 minutes a day it still counts and over time you will see progress . Join a gym if you have the funds and track your workouts on a notepad or evernote so you know you are constantly working towards your goals. Find what is comfortable for you to stay physically active whether you like running, swimming or playing sports and make sure that you enjoy it so you can stay with it long-term. Ask a couple of friends to join you during workouts or for a walk to keep you even more motivated.

With others in your corner, you can push each other to do better or to get past obstacles if one of you wants to give up.If you happen to be traveling on vacation don't think you can't do anything if you're the type that likes to lift in the gym. If there is no gym around you have plenty at your disposal. Bodyweight exercises like pull ups and chin ups will help you build up your back and biceps with just a few sets. You only have to workout 2 days a week while traveling to keep up with your physique and strength gains.

I would use the environment around me if I wanted to work up some sweat. Depending where you are you can run on the sand, run up hills, swim in the lake or ocean, there are plenty of possibilities to exercise in the great outdoors. It can be done anywhere in the world. I just love walking on the beach and hearing the waves crash on the shore it just something about that makes you see life from a different perspective. When the seasons start changing depending where you live don't let that stop you from getting outside.

You just have to dress according to the conditions in order to make your experience as comfortable as possible. Spring and fall are the easiest times of the year to workout outside due to the pleasant weather and without the extreme temperatures. This will allow you to stay out longer without having to worry about overexerting yourself. In summer and winter you want to be a bit more careful though.

Strenuous exertion in the summer heat can lead to heatstroke as well as quick dehydration if you aren't careful. In the winter the cold and risk of hypothermia can be an issue. But no matter the weather always remember to stay hydrated by drinking the proper amount of fluids. Water tends to be best when you're exercising for an hour or less. If it's over an hour sports drinks like Gatorade tend to be more effective due to the loss of electrolytes from sweating.

Remember this phrase,You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. I remember the time when I was trying to balance business with exercise and I would make excuses not to workout. What actually got me back on track was watching a workout video on insanity which was the motivation I needed to get myself in the gym. I hoped that you enjoyed this article and now you have the tools needed to start getting in some exercise with your busy lifestyle in order to stay healthy. Feel free to join my community(The Jawann Fitness Exercise & Health Community on Facebook) if you want even more tips.

Comments