How to Prep Your Side Hustle to Become a Full-Time Business

Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness Birmingham, Mich. administrator Posts: 1,124 Site Admin
edited October 2017 in Side Hustles
Ask yourself these five questions to determine if you are ready to take the leap from side hustle to full-time entrepreneur.

1. Are you ready to retire from your other job? Think about this...
  • Can you afford to leave? 
  • Will you lose insurance?
  • Can you handle more than full-time? 
2. Click the link below to read on! 
https://goo.gl/aR8YxD

Ryan O'Bleness
Community Manager
StartupNation, LLC

Comments

• GiGeramoGiGeramo subscriber Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2018
    If i could only answer these questions... 
  • Jessie HookieJessie Hookie subscriber Posts: 351 Silver Level Member

I read your article. That was fantastic. Thank you for sharing it with us!

• InspiredMillionInspiredMillion subscriber Posts: 4 Member

Awesone thanx for sharing

• MarbmanMarbman Caribbeansubscriber Posts: 5 Member

Yes there are a number of questions, criterias etc. that need to be answered before making the jump to full time hustler.

Get the maths (UK spelling) right and make sure your projected income will be a full time income and I don't mean in 12 months time (unless you have savings)

From my own personal experience it was a full time gig from day one. I was lucky at the time as I had no child to worry about, my partner had a good job and I had savings.

These savings proved invaluable as it was 6 months before a steady income started arriving.

Just be well prepared and this will make the jump a much more pleasurable one.

• justiceankomahjusticeankomah subscriber Posts: 1 Member

I really love all that you have said and is very educative. But maintaining a side hustle like an online business is really hard my friend. I started this tutorial blog last year and it has been a pain in the hell.

so my little add-up is that, make sure the revenue you get from your side hustle enough before you quit your day job.

• DarbyRRDarbyRR subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 17

Great article, thanks for sharing! Another thing I’d like to quickly add: If you’re starting up a business I highly recommend an automated review system. Online reviews are essentially the make or break of your business. There’s a site, RapidReviews, that automates the review process by sending gentle reminders to your customers to leave a review. If the review is positive with a high rating it will go directly to the site of your choosing, whereas if the review is negative it will send a private message to you so your online reputation doesn’t get damaged and you can fix the issue offline. If you’re a business owner and don’t have much time to be following up on customer reviews, RapidReviews is definitely worth your while.