WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Is promoting sports in our country a good idea? I would like some views on this!

Smeet SoniSmeet Soni subscriber Posts: 4 Member
Guys! My team and I are planning to take an initiative of improving the scenario of sports in our country! Please let know how many of your think this is a good idea?

Best Answer

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited September 2017 Answer ✓
    @Smeet Soni, what is your country and are sports an issue there? 

I think sports are very important, especially for youth: they promote health and exercise, teach discipline, help form strong bonds with teammates and teach life skills you can take with you off of the field/court/arena. 

Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC

Answers

• Options
    Smeet SoniSmeet Soni subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    > @"Ryan O'Bleness" said:
    > @Smeet Soni, what is your country and are sports an issue there? 
    >
    > I think sports are very important, especially for youth: they promote health and exercise, teach discipline, help form strong bonds with teammates and teach life skills you can take with you off of the field/court/arena. 

Hi Ryan!

I am from India and sports here is a very big social and national issue. People in India take sports as a recreational activity and not so seriously to motivate their kids to take it up as a career. My team and I would like to do something about this. I just wanted to know what people thought about this idea and then we would do something in this area. I really appreciate your view Ryan! Thank you for the support.
  • Options
    AenimaAenima subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    If sport is so appreciated in your country, I think it's a brilliant idea. But you can divide your group for working with various age categories, sport and healthy lifestyle is a trendy thing now for all generations, especially yoga. You can start from smth connected with it for example.