WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Operating my Side-Hustle out of my Bedroom

ZackP672ZackP672 subscriber Posts: 2 Member
All dirty minds think alike, am I right?

Anyway, I'm looking to start a side-hustle that involves my Radio Control Hobby, and because of my current situation, I have very limited space to use (my bedroom).

The one thing that is stopping me from starting it up, is to find a great, economical solution to shipping supplies. I just don't have the space to store boxes of varying sizes (Take a look at the Traxxas X-Maxx if you want an idea of how big some of these can get, and that's not a 5th scale truck either), filler material (air bags, peanuts, etc...), tape, etc...

I did find that a company based in the state of Washington, called The Box Maker; has something called "Just in Time Inventory". Direct from their FAQ:

"This service allows us to manage your inventory by storing manufactured products and packaging supplies in one of our distribution centers. Purchasing in higher volumes allows quantity discounts and saves your valuable warehouse space. Call us today to schedule 800-443-5431 a packaging audit at no cost to you!"

(https://www.boxmaker.com/resources/frequently-asked-questions/)

However, I'm located in Eastern PA; and Washington state is kinda far away for shipping supplies.

Have any of you started or currently work from a room in your house and solved this conundrum? I could use some ideas!

Comments