WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

The Teenpreneur: How This Mini Mogul Built a Community of Young Entrepreneurs

Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
edited August 2017 in Millennials
StartupNation contributor Susan Johnston Taylor sits down with young entrepreneur, Eva Baker, for an in-depth interview with her. Baker is the founder of Teens Got Cents, a blog dedicated to helping teens manage their money. 

Baker, now 21, launched the project in high school and grew it into a business. Read the Q&A session between Johnston Taylor and Baker below to learn more about teen entrepreneurship, how she started her business and more. 

https://goo.gl/EeBu7G

Ryan O'Bleness
Community Manager
StartupNation, LLC

Comments

• Cara O'BlenessCara O'Bleness administrator Posts: 68 Site Admin
    One thing that really resonated with me from Susan's Q&A with Eva was the emphasis Eva puts on community. After attending an event where she says she met "an incredibly welcoming and inclusive community of people who took me under their wing," Eva set out to create a group for entrepreneurs her own age, since she saw that lacking.

How has networking/fostering a sense of community influenced your own entrepreneurial journey? 
    Cara O'Bleness
    Content Director
    StartupNation
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited August 2017
    I agree! I think the StartupNation community is a good example. It is one of the largest small business forums out there, and one of the most active. I've see many users ecstatic about advice they've received here or excited about a conversation they've started here that went on to gather many thoughts and opinions. Many have said they've used what they have learned here and applied it to their business. 

But for Eva, I think that is great that she was really able to foster that whole "teenpreneur" thing and show young entrepreneurs that they are able to start and manage their own business and a young age and create successful entities. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Andre BrownAndre Brown subscriber Posts: 55 Bronze Level Member
    This was a very inspirational article. Reading it gave me something to think about and it's awesome to have these young teenagers starting their own businesses.
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    @Andre Brown, it is great to see teens and extremely young entrepreneurs being brave enough to start their own ventures. There are so many fears aspiring entrepreneurs face, and to be that young and not let those things affect you is simply amazing. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Cara O'BlenessCara O'Bleness administrator Posts: 68 Site Admin
    @Andre Brown, I agree that Eva's story is certainly an inspirational one. It's great to see young adults getting involved in entrepreneurship, and I think this provides a great opportunity for mentorship between older, experienced entrepreneurs, and those who are just starting out.
    Cara O'Bleness
    Content Director
    StartupNation