WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

My Media DJ - Content Critique

CarriCarri subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2007 in Website Critique
www.mymediadj.comI am going to start marketing very soon and would like a critique of the content on my website.  I wrote it myself and helped design it with my partner.  I know the look needs improvement but right now I am focused on the content. Here are the questions that concern me most?1. Are there too many words on the main page?  Is the viewer immediately turned off by that?2.  Am I getting my point across about what the product does?3.  I am going to add 3 feeds that the user can use for free as a trial product, where should they go?  Which page?  What position?4.  Is the MP3 player too distracting?In addition, if you think there is anything else i should know, please tell me.Thanks for your time and effort.

Comments

• ToddFToddF subscriber Posts: 3
    1 - yes get me right to the product or service please. I only want to see an overview of what this site has.
    2 - a little confusing I might suggest doing some type of graphical interface like our vendor flow service. a simply step process to get the stations you like, etc.
    3 - On the home page up front and easy to find. and then again on the product page.
    4 - no to me, just make sure it doesnt play instantly the user should activate it.
    It seems like there should be some type of playlist or something. I want to see all the channels and listen to them on your site. I only see 9 channels and no demo service. Where`s the list of content I can pick from?
    One thing this seems to lack on the homepage is a strong call to action for the user to sign up. I would also suggest you offer a free 30 day trial get them hooked on a great service.
  • CarriCarri subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks.  This is very helpful.  Does anybody have favorite websites that I should learn from?  Copying someone`s style and then adjusting it is so much easier, but I just haven`t found a website that I really love their presentation and it would be a good fit to mimic.Also, the first thing I am going to do is add the free trial.Thanks,
  • CarriCarri subscriber Posts: 1
    The idea about explaining the product in the MP3 player is great!  I hadn`t thought of that.  Very helpful feedback.