WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How to Build a Strong Safety Net as a Solopreneur

StartupNationStartupNation administrator Posts: 625 Site Admin

imageHow to Build a Strong Safety Net as a Solopreneur

Running your own business is invigorating. However, being a solopreneur also means you must have a certain degree of comfort with the unknown.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Miguel HammondMiguel Hammond subscriber Posts: 53 Bronze Level Member
    I really like this article . It can help one understand how to make your business grow strong and smoothly.
  • Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    I'm glad you enjoyed the article, @Miguel Hammond! Life as a solopreneuer can be tricky, so it's very important to protect yourself by taking precautions such as these. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    McCandlessMcCandless subscriber Posts: 52 Bronze Level Member

Unlike the other answers, here. I’m going to teach you a simple lesson about business.

Don’t ask “how can I make $XYZ”, instead ask “How can I create $XYZ worth of value to my customers.”

Look at Google, Intuit, Yahoo, Microsoft, or any other business... Sure the purpose of a business is to make money, but these companies didn’t become successful because the companies owners made tons of money.

Money, or rather compensation for work, is the end result of a business. If you try extracting money from customer without providing value, you’ll go out of business. You won’t make it to $1,000,000. Let alone a multiple of that number.

Solve a problem the customer has (or doesn’t know she/he has). That is the inside secret to a successful company.