WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

need some advice for starting from the ground up

carLitocarLito subscriber Posts: 1
edited March 2009 in Selecting a Business
 I plan on starting a "music store" but it will deal with all aspects of music from dvd`s/cd`s/vinyl, ipods, possibly cd & dvd players, instructional videos, music memorabilia, musical instruments, laptops/pc`s for recording, jam sessions with recording of the sessions, and repair services on instruments and computers in addition to setting up the systems - i might even give guitar/bass/vocal lessons too, i figure this type of business would be perfect for me and i can do this while continuing my music career.
 I saw a similar post concerning this same topic but i am a bit more ambitious than the guy who posted it and I am a bit older (32) and perhaps wiser and am fairly business-saavy although i have not taken any courses, just learned by observation. I plan on reading through advice on the other post "i want to open a music store" i believe is the title and go from there, i have somewhat of a plan formulated right now and am waiting on some money i will get in the summer to do this, but i figure i need to get a bit of a head start before then. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.carLito3/1/2009 2:53 PM

Comments

• Options
    LSnyderLSnyder subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi carLito,

My name is Lisa. I work for an intellectual property lawyer who might be able to give you some advice on the start up of your business.  You should take a look at his website http://www.informationlaw.com and get an idea of what he does.
    His name is Daniel Pepper and the Firm is Pepper Law Group, LLC.  We are located in Somerville, NJ. 
    Dan offers a 1/2 hour free consultation which is also available by phone, so you have absolutely nothing to lose!
    If you would like to schedule a consult give me a call @ 908.698.0330 or pop me an email at lisa@informationlaw.com .
    We can schedule your appointment based on your availability.

Good luck and hope to hear from you.

Lisa
    Pepper Law Group, LLC
  • Options
    WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    you mention you are business savvy and ask for general advice. can you be more specific so just not to repeat what you already know. i am assuming you have entity formation (CPA), legal covered?  inventory management/warehousing. do you have a business plan to start off?