need some advice for starting from the ground up

carLitocarLito Posts: 1subscriber
edited March 2009 in Selecting a Business
 I plan on starting a "music store" but it will deal with all aspects of music from dvd`s/cd`s/vinyl, ipods, possibly cd & dvd players, instructional videos, music memorabilia, musical instruments, laptops/pc`s for recording, jam sessions with recording of the sessions, and repair services on instruments and computers in addition to setting up the systems - i might even give guitar/bass/vocal lessons too, i figure this type of business would be perfect for me and i can do this while continuing my music career.
 I saw a similar post concerning this same topic but i am a bit more ambitious than the guy who posted it and I am a bit older (32) and perhaps wiser and am fairly business-saavy although i have not taken any courses, just learned by observation. I plan on reading through advice on the other post "i want to open a music store" i believe is the title and go from there, i have somewhat of a plan formulated right now and am waiting on some money i will get in the summer to do this, but i figure i need to get a bit of a head start before then. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.carLito3/1/2009 2:53 PM

Comments

• LSnyderLSnyder Posts: 0subscriber
    Hi carLito,

My name is Lisa. I work for an intellectual property lawyer who might be able to give you some advice on the start up of your business.  You should take a look at his website http://www.informationlaw.com and get an idea of what he does.
    His name is Daniel Pepper and the Firm is Pepper Law Group, LLC.  We are located in Somerville, NJ. 
    Dan offers a 1/2 hour free consultation which is also available by phone, so you have absolutely nothing to lose!
    If you would like to schedule a consult give me a call @ 908.698.0330 or pop me an email at [email protected] .
    We can schedule your appointment based on your availability.

Good luck and hope to hear from you.

Lisa
    Pepper Law Group, LLC
  • WebJunkyWebJunky Posts: 8subscriber Member
    you mention you are business savvy and ask for general advice. can you be more specific so just not to repeat what you already know. i am assuming you have entity formation (CPA), legal covered?  inventory management/warehousing. do you have a business plan to start off?